Which amplifier for MS - Aviano6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear Friends

I am new to HiFi world. I am looking for a decent music system. I am sure all gurus can help me here.

After reading a lot of reviews, I am thinking of the following setup:

I am going to play FLAC/WAV music from this media player.

"Media Player" --> "Baresford 7520 Standard DAC" ---> PM6003 or RA04-SE --> Aviano-6(sure)
| or DAC???
|
TV

My primary moto is to listen to the music. I dont want any 5.1ch home cinema kind of thing.

My TV will have one output to DAC so whenever I want to watch movie, even then I can enjoy Aviano6.

1. The problem is, I am not able to decide b/w the two amps.PM6003 or RA-04se.

2. Also, if the 45w from pm6003 is sufficient to drive ms-aviano6? Even for low sound in night. Or 60w from RA-04se will be

better.

3. And if my choice of DAC is good ?

I will be highly thankful if one can please help me to decide the right kit.

manish said:
Dear Friends

I am new to HiFi world. I am looking for a decent music system. I am sure all gurus can help me here.

"Media Player" --> "Baresford 7520 Standard DAC" ---> PM6003 or RA04-SE --> Aviano-6(sure)
| or DAC???
|
TV

My primary moto is to listen to the music. I dont want any 5.1ch home cinema kind of thing.

My TV will have one output to DAC so whenever I want to watch movie, even then I can enjoy Aviano6.

2. Also, if the 45w from pm6003 is sufficient to drive ms-aviano6? Even for low sound in night. Or 60w from RA-04se will be

better.

Hi Manish

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to?

The size of your room?

Is the room lightly of heavily furnished?

Room positioning of the Aviano 6 speakers (distance to walls, corners, anything in between the speakers such as a chimney breast, cabinet etc.)?

Room floor (wooden, concrete, carpeted etc.)?

Listening distance?

Your general listening level?

Any specific power requirement?

Are tone controls something on the amplifier which you require/use?

Speaker cables?

Your overall budget for amp and dac?

Will you be auditioning the components before you buy them?

What kind of presentation are you looking for the system to reproduce?

Btw, the DacMagic is also worth look.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hello Musiccraft.

Thank You so much for replying.

Here is the thing.....

1. I usually listen to Rock - Hindi latest songs
(You can imagine my taste of music: like Hotel california, Haddaway - What Is Love, -- rest of the genre's I can manage :) ).

2. I am going to keep this system along with TV in living room which is a bit bigger than usual bedroom,
20ft long x 16ft wide
3. Not heavily furnished. Tv console, 3-seat sofa and a dining.
4. I can keep like, 1 ft distance from behind, 2ft from side/corner and a tv console in between.
5. Flooring is Ceramic Tiled.
6. Listening distance, 6 - 8 ft.
7. Listening level, during Day-time: Decent loud enough so that neighbour dont get diturb, I have to close the main door.
Night-time: Slow, still crisp.
8. Power requirment: Not really, I am going to play it in a 4-room flat. :)
9. Bass, may be... (if it is too tooo much - i can control it)
10. I have to choose cables accordingly.
11. Amp ~$450 and Dac ~$350. (in SGD)
12. I can audition pm6003 with Aviano6 but dont know about RA-04 SE.
13. Total musical, a decent bass. I choose floor standers cause bookshelves dont deliver proper bass (and I dont like subwoofers as they are too much bassy). So would expect the same from aviano6.

Regards

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
The Beresford DAC has a variable Pre-amp output hence I'd recommend looking at power amplifiers, not integrated amplifiers, to drive your speakers.

Good Luck

A

Anonymous

Hello Al13n

Beresford 7520 also has a fixed line output, so I can feed it to integrated-Amp. No issue in that.

Thanks

manish said:
Hello Musiccraft.

Thank You so much for replying.

Here is the thing.....

1. I usually listen to Rock - Hindi latest songs
(You can imagine my taste of music: like Hotel california, Haddaway - What Is Love, -- rest of the genre's I can manage :) ).

2. I am going to keep this system along with TV in living room which is a bit bigger than usual bedroom,
20ft long x 16ft wide
3. Not heavily furnished. Tv console, 3-seat sofa and a dining.
4. I can keep like, 1 ft distance from behind, 2ft from side/corner and a tv console in between.
5. Flooring is Ceramic Tiled.
6. Listening distance, 6 - 8 ft.
7. Listening level, during Day-time: Decent loud enough so that neighbour dont get diturb, I have to close the main door.
Night-time: Slow, still crisp.
8. Power requirment: Not really, I am going to play it in a 4-room flat. :)
9. Bass, may be... (if it is too tooo much - i can control it)
10. I have to choose cables accordingly.
11. Amp ~$450 and Dac ~$350. (in SGD)
12. I can audition pm6003 with Aviano6 but dont know about RA-04 SE.
13. Total musical, a decent bass. I choose floor standers cause bookshelves dont deliver proper bass (and I dont like subwoofers as they are too much bassy). So would expect the same from aviano6.

Regards

Hi Manish

Thanks for your reply.

The RA-04SE will power the speakers more efficiently then the PM6003 (the PM6003 is no slouch by comparison) however i feel the PM6003's greater flow in its presentation overall will be better suited to the Aviano 6 speakers. Having said this another ampilifer which i think you should also seriously consider is the NAD C326BEE. I feel the C326BEE will come closest in giving you the presentation you're after with its clear, potent, smooth and dynamic sound (which will also help suit the types of music you listen to). The C326BEE incorporating the legendary NAD PowerDrive circuit is likely to enable the amp to offer greater control, drive and stability at comparable levels with the Aviano 6 speakers. In particular have a listen to the following tracks Dum Maro Dum (sung by Asha Bhosle on the album You've Stolen My Heart, songs from R.D Burman - Kronos Quartet) and Dil Kya Kare (sung by Kishore Kumar) using the C326BEE and you should hear the difference :)

Try and also have a listen to the Cambridge DacMagic and as for speaker cables standard 79 -300 - 500 strand OFC type will be more then good enough for your components.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hello Rick.

Thanks for clearing my doubt about amp power. Yes, I will audition NAD-c326BEE, certainly an excellent amp, which I feel will be good for me.

As this is my first HiFi system, not sure about how better dacmagic is from 7520.

The new baresford 7520 gives more flexibility, and seems like far better than its predecessor 7510, so cerainly an improvement is there already.

I will get back to you once I will audition aviano-6 with c326bee next week, and will also ask for the cables you mentioned.

Thank you so much for giving me a good start. This is going to be a long life setup for me. :)

manish said:
Hello Rick.

Thanks for clearing my doubt about amp power. Yes, I will audition NAD-c326BEE, certainly an excellent amp, which I feel will be good for me.

As this is my first HiFi system, not sure about how better dacmagic is from 7520.

The new baresford 7520 gives more flexibility, and seems like far better than its predecessor 7510, so cerainly an improvement is there already.

I will get back to you once I will audition aviano-6 with c326bee next week, and will also ask for the cables you mentioned.

Thank you so much for giving me a good start. This is going to be a long life setup for me. :)

Hi Manish

Your welcome.

If the DacMagic is available then try and compare it to the Beresford.

In the meantime happy listening :bigsmile:

All th best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Dear Rick,

I end up buying RA-1520 with B&W 684. Big sound stage. I am pretty happy with this.

At this moment I am playing via a sony mp3 player ( All wav files ). They sound awesome.

Listen to

"Tanhai" from Jashann., "Pani Pani re" from Maachis. wow they sound fantastic.

Now, my next research is on DAC. I have a few in my mind, preference wise after reading a lot.

Rega DAC

M1-DAC

TC-7520SEG DAC

rDAC

Can you please suggest something.

Thanks a lot

Manish

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
manish said:
Dear Friends

| or DAC???
|
TV

better.

Always found good synergy between Mordaunt Short and Cambridge Audio. Don't mean to contribute towards your confusion but since the Azur series of amps is being updated the amps are going for peanuts on RS. Might be worth a look.

Cheers,

Shafin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts