Amplifier for listening at low volume + nearfield listening

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

Definitely. Engineering still rules with LP replay, but it seems less critical when there are no moving parts.

Mind you, some streamers are better made than others. This is the board - well everything practically, including sockets - that was replaced when I had my Linn streamer upgraded. Looks pretty decent to my eyes.

View: https://imgur.com/tzyRRgp
More than ever now, electronic things are marvels.
I assume there's nothing wrong with that board as such....such a wasteful world 😕

(When I was repairing to component level, changing a whole board was regarded as cheating and admitting defeat in failing to identify the faulty bit.
Now changing boards is a way of life - it's a lot easier to be a board swapper).

Reactions: WayneKerr
More than ever now, electronic things are marvels.
I assume there's nothing wrong with that board as such....such a wasteful world 😕

(When I was repairing to component level, changing a whole board was regarded as cheating and admitting defeat in failing to identify the faulty bit.
Now changing boards is a way of life - it's a lot easier to be a board swapper).
Don’t worry, it isn’t scrapped. It goes back to Linn in the same packaging the new one arrived in and they reuse it for repairs and upgrades to earlier models.

Meanwhile I get a fresh 5 year warranty on the entire device, not just the new board. It’s expensive but the support is superb.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts