WHF obsessed with EBs?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:Well only thing i would say about the above EB Ricky is that you must have either vastly under estimated the value of your product at £470 to buy direct or over estimated the £950 retail price if you were to sell in shops - either that or the mark up on products if far bigger than i ever thought!

How are there any poor hi fi retailers!
emotion-3.gif

There wouldn't be on those stated margins! We'll have some of that please!!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:matengawhat:Well only thing i would say about the above EB Ricky is that you must have either vastly under estimated the value of your product at £470 to buy direct or over estimated the £950 retail price if you were to sell in shops - either that or the mark up on products if far bigger than i ever thought!

How are there any poor hi fi retailers!
emotion-3.gif

There wouldn't be on those stated margins! We'll have some of that please!!
emotion-1.gif

But that's PRECISELY the point. EB1 was offered to dealers in the first place. It was only because of "the old pals act" that it ended up going direct. Frank Harvey, Musicraft, Grahams and a couple of others are the exception to the rule. A lot of the others aren't worth the rates they pay on their premises. It's all well and good for you HiFi'ers to *** and moan about things from the comfort of your own home but it is totally different for us guys at the sharp end. And David at Frank Harvey will tell you that. Because of the obscene overheads on the high street, if it don't sell, it's out!!

By the way. "The Old Pals Act" means " If you stock that, you ain't stocking our stuff any more!".

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
TBH Ricky i think you are doing it the right way in this day and age it was just the figures I was questioning, don't actually think anyone was moaning as you put it but obviously some companies are far more greedy than others - everything has a price and you either buy it or you don't. Don't know if you tried to sell to dealers before or after the good publicity but i am sure some of the big companies are worried about what you're doing for the money.

At least you have complete control of your product that you have built and know well and there for support if ppl need it, its nice to see manufacturers on here and small businesses doing well. Will be honest not heard your speakers but would like to at some point as nice to see a manufacturer going back to basics with silk dome tweeters and paper cones instead of all the aero space stuff

A couple of good reviews from What hi-fi I am sure will have seen your business flourish and has probably put you on the map def bought eb to my attention - many ppl trust their reviews and i for one have bought blind may times after researching products they have recommended, keep up the good work!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:Thaiman:

The rrp price does not always reflex (right word??) how much it cost to make.

reflect

Thx
emotion-21.gif

So that's mean when I went to have my back sorted out, that is not Reflethology then!

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm a long-time reader of WHF and can honestly say I've not detected any bias in their recommendations. I also think they put a lot of thought into what they recommend, especially matching of different brands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts