Using Marantz 7004 as a Power Amp with a Rotel RA-1520?

Iglesias

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi from Hiroshima

I'm in the process of upgrading my hi-fi. I have a budget of $4,000. I want a new amp/CD player/speakers. My listening room is 3.5m x 3.5m square. Unfortunately Naim, Cyrus, Arcam and to a slightly lesser extent, Roksan are all unavailable in Japan, (only one stockist that I can find who don't do mail-order and is based 500 miles from my home up near Tokyo - $250 shinkansen journey to view/listen)). (Unfortunately, the new upgraded ATC SM11's are not available either). So, with this is mind, I thought of using my Marantz 7004 as a Power Amp and adding a Rotel RA-1520, using it as a pre-amp. An Audiolab 8200CD player (the pre-amp version is not available in Japan), and possibly the Dynaudio 2/7's. I use Oyaide interconnect cables, Oyaide power supply, & Oyaide solid core speaker cable with a Sound Magic hi-fi rack & sand-filled TAOC speaker stands.

I'm looking for a deep but controlled bottom end/tight top end/gutsy mid range system.

Any help/advice/possible alernatives would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

ptk

Iglesias

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi again,

I have hit on the idea of purchasing a pair of EB Acoustics EB 1's bi-wired with QED Silver Anniversary XT Bi-Wire cable.

plus Audiolab 8200CD

AMP= ???

Help. please?

cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts