Where to place the center channel?

mannisrai

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
This is my setup at the moment, where should i place the centre channel? My TV is in such an awkward position being in the corner, rather than in the centre, that i don't know where to place it. I do however have a display unit in the middle of the room where the centre channel could be placed, but i heard you shouldn't set apart the TV from the centre channel?

Untitled.jpg
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96804634@N03/8913646478/

Untitled.jpg

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree with robin. I used to have my tv in a corner and placed the center under the tv and the mains either side at an angle with rears on a flat wall behind. After a calibration it still sounded good.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
As has been said. You must have the centre above or below the screen. It's this speaker that ties dialogue to the characters on screen.

If doing it this way is very awkward or impossible I'd do away with the centre. Re-run the set up and the the amp will sort it out. Having a Centre speaker off axis will be terrible.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
mannisrai said:
what do you mean mains either side? At the side of the tv (centre channel) or wall mounted.

He means the front left and right speakers. Where you have them now doesn't appear to be ideal for any of the listening positions in the room.

mannisrai

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I know he means the left and right speakers, i'm asking where to place them now? I currently have them wall mounted in the positions shown in the image, so shall i put them to the sides of the television?

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Center above or below the TV

Left main : Between display unit and Subwoofer

Right main : Between the TV and chair

Left Surround : Left of sofa (on wall? where it looks like stereo 1 is

Right Surround : Between sofa and the door.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts