Where is Channel 5

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok experts, my channel 5 boquet has disappeared. I have sky+ SD and yesterday all I got on channel 5, 5* and 5 usa was the 'no satellite signal' message. I know there was a planned move yesterday but forced reset and retunes have not solved the problem. Both my sky+ and my old SD box show the same messages. Surely I can't have all feeds on a quad LNB go down at the same time by coincidence on the same day that all the 5 boquet move from Astra 1n to Astra 2f.

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I can answer my own question. Astra 2F has a tighter spot beam so I now can't receive some channels without a dish upgrade grrrr!!!

It seems that many of the other terrestrial channels will follow in the next few months.

daveh75

Yep, the Channel 5, two ITV and 4HD/4Seven TPs were moved yesterday and BBC One HD Scotland and Wales were alreadt testing from it.

2F is going to replace 1N (which was/is a temporary replacement for 2D and is needed for it's original mission at 19.2E) so more will follow , and things are possibly going to worse still for ex pats when 2E and 2G launch to replace the rest of the aging fleet at 28.2E

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts