• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Where is Channel 5

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Ok experts, my channel 5 boquet has disappeared. I have sky+ SD and yesterday all I got on channel 5, 5* and 5 usa was the 'no satellite signal' message. I know there was a planned move yesterday but forced reset and retunes have not solved the problem. Both my sky+ and my old SD box show the same messages. Surely I can't have all feeds on a quad LNB go down at the same time by coincidence on the same day that all the 5 boquet move from Astra 1n to Astra 2f.

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
I can answer my own question. Astra 2F has a tighter spot beam so I now can't receive some channels without a dish upgrade grrrr!!!

It seems that many of the other terrestrial channels will follow in the next few months.

daveh75

Jul 31, 2008
Yep, the Channel 5, two ITV and 4HD/4Seven TPs were moved yesterday and BBC One HD Scotland and Wales were alreadt testing from it.

2F is going to replace 1N (which was/is a temporary replacement for 2D and is needed for it's original mission at 19.2E) so more will follow , and things are possibly going to worse still for ex pats when 2E and 2G launch to replace the rest of the aging fleet at 28.2E

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts