Where can I get a TV mains cable?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Obviously I can pick one of these one the net quite easily. I need one for tomorrow and no shops seem to sell any. So far I have tried Homebase, B&Q, Currys and Comet and none have got any. Any suggestions where I might get one please? Just a standard 5m cable is what I require. I do not need one of these £500 mains cables that 'may' improve my system![;)] Thanks.

A

Anonymous

My original post wasn't very clear in hindsight. My new Philips TV uses the figure of 8 mains cable, virtually every other TV uses the 'cloverleaf' 3 pin lead. Purchasing one of these figure 8 mains leads at a 5m length is very difficult, even Philips couldn't find one. In then end I located a 3m lead. When ran in a straight diagnol line from my TV to my power socket will just reach. Trust me to buy an awkward TV. Extending these leads is also not advised. Anyone else considering a Philips TV that would require more than a 1m power lead I would advise you to purchase one via Ebay prior to you setting up the TV, the annoying thing is these cables only actually cost about £5. You try finding a shop that stocks them though
emotion-7.gif

Thanks for the suggestions anyway. Here is a list of my local stores that couldn't provide this basic lead:

Comet

Currys

Homebase

B&Q

Wilkinsons

Argos

Maplin

PC World

Screwfix

Not to mention about 5 local TV and aerial installation companies. Sort yourselves out!

A

Anonymous

Daveee:

My original post wasn't very clear in hindsight. My new Philips TV uses the figure of 8 mains cable, virtually every other TV uses the 'cloverleaf' 3 pin lead. Purchasing one of these figure 8 mains leads at a 5m length is very difficult, even Philips couldn't find one. In then end I located a 3m lead. When ran in a straight diagnol line from my TV to my power socket will just reach. Trust me to buy an awkward TV. Extending these leads is also not advised. Anyone else considering a Philips TV that would require more than a 1m power lead I would advise you to purchase one via Ebay prior to you setting up the TV, the annoying thing is these cables only actually cost about £5. You try finding a shop that stocks them though
emotion-7.gif

Thanks for the suggestions anyway. Here is a list of my local stores that couldn't provide this basic lead:

Comet

Currys

Homebase

B&Q

Wilkinsons

Argos

Maplin

PC World

Screwfix

Not to mention about 5 local TV and aerial installation companies. Sort yourselves out!

Well your original post did say "Just a standard 5m cable"

Anyway why dont you buy a 5m cable and a fig of 8 adaptor on the end, would that work?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts