When are the Monitor Auidio BX series coming out?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi,

I was wondering When are the Monitor Auidio BX series coming out? replacing the current bronze series......I think they might be using the drivers from the RS series?

D

Hi brittindave

Monitor Audio's new BX Series of speakers should hopefully be out within the next six weeks or so. The range will use similar technology based on the RS Series such as metal bass drivers and a modified version of the RS HF tweeter.
emotion-1.gif

I have seen already seen the new BX speakers and they look excellent. It looks like Monitor Audio are going to be on to another winner with the new BX speaker range.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

brittondave:
I wonder what the pricing is going to be like?

Hi brittondave

The new BX Series will cost a little more than the BR range however from what i've already seen the BX Series will offer superb VFM.
emotion-2.gif
For eg. the new BX2's will have an RRP of £250.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

In my opinion the BR1 is a great little speaker! it will be interesting to see if they've managed to better it at all. i'll enjoy trying out at any rate.

A

Anonymous

I stumbled across a few images of the Monitor Audio BX2 recently.. Hopefully, I ain't breaking any forum rules by sharing them with you
emotion-1.gif

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
We've a pair of BX2s warming up right now (and, as Rick says, they're £250 a pair). The First Test will be in the September issue which goes on sale, if memory serves, at the very start of August.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But (due to our mad, 13-issues-per-year schedule) it's actually on sale on 27th July. Copies with subscribers from 22nd July. And it's got a big chunky free supplement with it, too
emotion-21.gif

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
cant wait i have all the bronze stuff on my av its class but on hifi terms it hates being close to wall say 8 inches. can you simon if possible test these close to a back wall say around 8-10 inch and let us know the changes they get with the bungs in or out that would be great.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:Hi brittondave
The new BX Series will cost a little more than the BR range however from what i've already seen the BX Series will offer superb VFM.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Rick, any news on a GX replacement for the GS line? Seems due. I think they will be using the ribbon tweeters from the PL line and I'm anxious to see and hear them.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
jaxwired:Rick, any news on a GX replacement for the GS line? Seems due. I think they will be using the ribbon tweeters from the PL line and I'm anxious to see and hear them.

Nothing on the horizon for the GX series. Most manufacturers usually tackle one range at a time!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
brittondave:
hi,

I was wondering When are the Monitor Auidio BX series coming out? replacing the current bronze series......I think they might be using the drivers from the RS series?

D

I put a call in to MA's PR this morning, so am waiting to hear back with more info about the BX series. Will post as soon as I get it.

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:brittondave:

hi,

D

I put a call in to MA's PR this morning, so am waiting to hear back with more info about the BX series. Will post as soon as I get it.

Thanks Andy,

Any chance you can try and review the BX1 this time. Or is it dependant on what they give you?

D

jaxwired:MUSICRAFT:Hi brittondave
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Rick, any news on a GX replacement for the GS line? Seems due. I think they will be using the ribbon tweeters from the PL line and I'm anxious to see and hear them.

Hi jaxwired

I suspect the GX range might use some elements of the Platinum Series. If its appropiate then I'll be happy to inform you/forum of the GX's availability when i have some more information. Patience is a virtue!
emotion-5.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

the rx6s are not out too long , i doubt that ma will make a cheaper , but better floorstander than them , it wouldnt make sense ...

the rx6s are brilliant speakers for the money imo ...

aliahk:
I just sold my Ma br5's and tomorrow i am going to order the rx 6

Should I wait for the bx5?

Ps:

Hi aliahk

You can order the Silver RX6's with confidence because as good as the new BX series is the Silver RX series is better in almost every respect.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

maxflinn:
the rx6s are not out too long , i doubt that ma will make a cheaper , but better floorstander than them , it wouldnt make sense ...

the rx6s are brilliant speakers for the money imo ...

Hi maxflinn

Yes, the Silver RX6's are superb speakers and even though the new BX series looks excellent the Silver RX series justifies its premium.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

aliahk

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
For me too :) Because I just sold my br5's and am speakerless at the moment. Can't wait till tomorrow to go out and order them :)

Hope i can go and fetch them wednesday

TRENDING THREADS