whats your fave piece of equipment in the hifi chain

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

Electro, you aren't alone. Completely different level of course, but I can't bear to even think of parting with my 70s Sansui amps, particularly the AU-2200 as this amp kept me happy for a very long time as a teenager and for various periods of my adult life too. It will never be in my main system again but I couldn't sell it because of all the pleasure it has given me. Likewise I bought a Pioneer PL12D turntable last year as this was my main source with the AU-2200 when I was growing up, and I'll never part with that now either. In fact it will probably get set up as a retro system in another room when I have space.

I imagine your system sounds truly awe-inspiring now. On the couple of occasions I've heard Electrocompaniet equipment I've been hugely taken with it. Way outside my budget, but I'm still very pleased that there are companies making such uncompromised and high performing music systems. Enjoy!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
PS, photographs??

As requested :)

I took these when I first got them but the AW180 Mono's have now been moved next to the speakers with very short speaker cables and long XLR balanced interconnects .

I will post some new pictures soon .

AW180andEC48007_zpsf247d164.jpg
AW180andEC48004_zps63bb9153.jpg
AW180andEC48006_zps5a0706ac.jpg

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Thanks for posting the pics Electro. Great looking system and I bet it is extremely involving to listen to.

It has now gone beyond envolving to the point where it is totally captivating and astonishing , the music now has a real physical presence :)

Here are some internal shots for those that like that sort of thing :shifty: ;)

These are not my actual units because I did not fancy taking the lids off .

Dual mono pre amp first then the Monoblock power amp .

ec-48-innen-1_zps285bead3.jpg

180r_zps43935f56.jpg

f2f92645b3_zpsaf63e47e.jpg
EC_AW180_innen_zps0df918cc.jpg

Alone4444

May 27, 2014
Visit site
On the eve of D-Day, Eisenhower visited the fellows at the 101st Airborne Division. Their job would be to parachute behind enemy lines in the dark of night. In small groups, they would seize roads, bridges and waterways so German forces couldn’t reinforce the soldiers defending the beach.Anniversary Quotes

namefail

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Alone4444 said:
On the eve of D-Day, Eisenhower visited the fellows at the 101st Airborne Division. Their job would be to parachute behind enemy lines in the dark of night. In small groups, they would seize roads, bridges and waterways so German forces couldn’t reinforce the soldiers defending the beach.Anniversary Quotes

pst, wanna buy some love potions. :pray:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts