What's up with Hifi Wigwam?

Gray

I visit the forum there too but the website has been down for a while now? Anyone else?
Yes, it's had some different issues, leading to a few of the regulars leaving - and starting up another forum, called Maverick.

Last time I looked at the Wam, my phone got the error message, but the site still came up on the laptop.

Last edited:

daveh75

No great loss.

Very much a case of lunatics running the asylum , what with the most deluded audiophoolery being actively encouraged and the slightest hint of objectivity considered "spoiling"

Never registered, and only looked in once in a while for the 💩 and giggles.

The computer based hifi forum was hilarious.

Particularly some of the networking "theory" being shared over there.

No great loss.

Very much a case of lunatics running the asylum , what with the most deluded audiophoolery being actively encouraged and the slightest hint of objectivity considered "spoiling"

Never registered, and only looked in once in a while for the 💩 and giggles.

The computer based hifi forum was hilarious.

Particularly some of the networking "theory" being shared over there.
Always found them to be manipulating bunch. One guy kept pestering me to buy a Arcam CD23, as, according to him, the DCS Ring Dac was superior. But a number of independent owners reviews said it sounded dull.

They quite often dissed my system at the time, many liked all the amps I have no interest in: Class A and tube amps.

No big loss in my view.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
I remember Gerry Anderson saying he used the sound of his washing machine going into 'spin' for the sound of one of the "Thunderbird" lift offs.
God, I loved "Thunderbirds". I think "Thunderbird 2" was my favourite.
I have a scene stuck in my head of "Brains" buried up to his head in sand saying - ".....water....water..". We were still joking about that years later. Their wobbly heads and arms were just.....brilliant.

Reactions: Gray and DougK1

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Ha ha. Well ..of course. I was lucky enough to have a Corgi Thunderbird 2.
And Joe 90. He was great for a good laugh....bloody clever bloke him. Sorry puppet. Hee hee.

Reactions: DougK1

Gray

God, I loved "Thunderbirds".
Never was, never will be, anything like it.
Sometimes they had to edit down the launches....but a full launch of TB2 was a masterpiece.
Derek Meddings, master of effects.
Barry Gray, master of music.
Great picture quality, not least due to being filmed under 40,000 watts of light.

Stingray.....I always fancied Aqua Marina - dream woman (incapable of nagging).

....and wasn't TB1 doing Harrier tricks before the Harrier?
My model remains untouched:
IMG_20240210_174656_MP.jpg

Still got TB2 somewhere, but a bit more battered from use as, like others, that was my preferred TB 🙂

Last edited:

Witterings

What a turn / change of subject on an original post but got to admit I've been drawn in as well, only difference is I'm that age that I watched them all but can't remember any of them :ROFLMAO:

This may largely be down to me breaking my best friends Lady Penelope car ... something he never forgave me for until one day he had a vantage point and standing a couple of steps above me dropped a large rock on my head which he felt was his just rewards:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts