What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 241 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Lost Angeles said:
:rant: This thread recently has left me “Dazed and Confused” I feel “Trampled Under Foot” there does not seem to be a “Whole Lotta Love” on here but “That’s The Way” it is.

BBB has shown “No Quarter” and I feel like “Going To California” on a “Night Flight” and be “Ten Years Gone” but I promise I won’t “Ramble On” any more and let’s all be “Friends” :cheers:

:clap: :grin:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

This evening I've played side one only of the following.

Ray Charles - Star Collection

Who - Meaty Beaty Big & Bouncy

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

Kraftwerk - Man Machine

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Kraftwerk - Man Machine

why!

you must play side 2 of man machine

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Jim-W said:
You're clearly a decent bloke

Thanks Jim, I like to think so :)

A couple of points.

Let me say straight off, Page shouldn't have done it. For the hard of hearing I'll repeat, Page shouldn't have done it! Am I glad he re-created those tunes? You bet! Here's why. Those tunes for the most part would never have seen the light of day, and if we're honest, we all know it. As for depriving those poor old folks from earning a living, many of them made more from the court cases than they would ever have got from royalties. Hell, I bet some of them couldn't believe their luck! Zep introduced me to what was possible in the blues genre. Praise be to the mighty Zep :rockout:

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
During the last few evenings before and after football:

Bill Nelson's Red Noise

Modern Music - Be Bop Deluxe

Illinoise - Sufjan Stevens

Z - MMJ

Fear Of Music - Talking Heads

Drastic Plastic - Be Bop Deluxe

Bill Nelson is Wakefield's very own Vini Reilly meets FZ meets Hugh Cornwell meets David Bowie.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
many of them made more from the court cases than they would ever have got from royalties. Hell, I bet some of them couldn't believe their luck

I'm not going to start an argument (again), but I think you're wide of the mark (again).

For example, Jake Holmes (eventually) got a few hundred grand pay off, but no song writing credit, and I'm no accountant, but I'm pretty sure he'd have earned a damn sight more if he's been given the writing credit he should have been when the album was released.

Luck doesn't come into it, if you write a song, you should be duly credited.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Kraftwerk - Man Machine

why!

you must play side 2 of man machine

Spain vs Chile was starting, what can I say.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
many of them made more from the court cases than they would ever have got from royalties. Hell, I bet some of them couldn't believe their luck

I'm not going to start an argument (again), but I think you're wide of the mark (again).

For example, Jake Holmes (eventually) got a few hundred grand pay off, but no song writing credit, and I'm no accountant, but I'm pretty sure he'd have earned a damn sight more if he's been given the writing credit he should have been when the album was released.

Luck doesn't come into it, if you write a song, you should be duly credited.

A darn sight more than he'd have got if it wasn't for Page eh? I'm pretty sure that he would have been pretty chuffed, given the alternative of getting nothing for a nothing tune.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
Just out of interest, when was the last time any of you gave Jake Holmes a spin?

Or Sonny Boy Williamson?

Or Willie Dixon?

Or Howlin Wolf?

Or Ritchie Valens?

Or Spirit?

Or Bert Jansch?

Or Joan Baez?

Or Moby Grape?

Or Robert Parker?

:roll:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
Just out of interest, when was the last time any of you gave Jake Holmes a spin?

Or Sonny Boy Williamson?

Or Willie Dixon?

Or Howlin Wolf?

Or Ritchie Valens?

Or Spirit?

Or Bert Jansch?

Or Joan Baez?

Or Moby Grape?

Or Robert Parker?

:)

never!

BBB your bad :)

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:

Or Sonny Boy Williamson?

Or Willie Dixon?

Or Howlin Wolf?

Or Ritchie Valens?

Or Spirit?

Or Bert Jansch?

Or Joan Baez?

Or Moby Grape?

Or Robert Parker?

All played in the last month except Jake Holmes, Joan Baez and Robert Parker

I'm a big Zeppelin fan and agree Page was wrong, but he is far from the only one to lift songs and not give due credit

How many time has that great songwriter Trad and his cousin Trad arr not got the credit? :cheers:

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
A lack of decent coaching, an inability to keep the ball and an inept and painfully slow defence so:

Julian Cope-'Mty Nation Underground.' Don't care what Copey thinks, it's a great record.

Osibisa-'Osibisa.'

The Beatles White Album. Mono.

Procol Harum-'Procol Harum.' Mono.

Procol Harum-'Grand Hotel.'

Rmsey Lewis-'Wade In The Water.'

The Groundhogs-'Thank Christ For The Bomb.'

Horace Silver-'Song For My Father.'

Let's not pretend the Euro 2016 campaign will be any better. It won't. It never is.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans

Spectrum - Forever Alien

Celtic Frost - Into The Pandemonium

Give 'em Enough Dope Vol 2

EDIT:

Astra - The Black Chord ... just to finish off another excellent evening with the Analogue Works TT1.
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts