What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 43 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
5624747257_3384412152_m.jpg

5494344291_d6dc5ec927_m.jpg

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
My other half walked in this afternoon and presented me with this.....which she bought from a charity shop:

412WDK61TVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Excellent condition and sound quality :)

A

Anonymous

Listening to the awesome Mirage album by Camel, even my prog hating missus likes it :) It is being played on my junk shop Garrard 401, which is even more awesomer ha ha.... oh dear, it sounds better than my Planer 3 .......

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
letsannoytheneighbours said:
Listening to the awesome Mirage album by Camel, even my prog hating missus likes it :) It is being played on my junk shop Garrard 401, which is even more awesomer ha ha.... oh dear, it sounds better than my Planer 3 .......

Alright , Mr. Annoying , don't rub it in !

I listened to Highway Star from Made in Japan by Deep Purple on my new deck this morning and that sounded awesome , even better than my Planar 3 ,

Nick

A

Anonymous

shropshire lad said:
Don't dis the Planar 3 , damn fine deck ;)

No-one is dissin' da Planar 3 . I have had mine since 1983 . One of the last with the S-shaped arms , Nick

Mine has an S type arm, wanna buy it as a spare, I have a better deck now
smiley-tongue-out.gif

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
shropshire lad said:

No-one is dissin' da Planar 3 . I have had mine since 1983 . One of the last with the S-shaped arms , Nick

smiley-tongue-out.gif

Thanks for the offer but my S-shaped arm has been replaced with an RB250 and is now packed away , as is the rest of the turntable . It has been replaced with an Origin Live Calypso , so I also have a better deck .

Nick

A

Anonymous

shropshire lad said:
shropshire lad said:

smiley-tongue-out.gif

Thanks for the offer but my S-shaped arm has been replaced with an RB250 and is now packed away , as is the rest of the turntable . It has been replaced with an Origin Live Calypso , so I also have a better deck . Nick

Haaa the unbearableness of not being able to part with stuff you are now finished with, all those amps, decks and sundry dodgy old speakers in the loft.....

listening to Meddle in superb MC Ortofon enhanced by 401 stereophonicness

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Some heads-down-no-nonsense-boogie!!!!

41tXLf7SfcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Memories of Manchester Free Trade Hall 1973, up in the balcony. Everyone, and I mean everyone, jumping up and down like lunatics for 2 hours. Fantastic gig. Quo around this time were one of the best live acts going, long before Marguerita Time and all that tosh.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
This sounds so good on vinyl, a great recording SQ-wise. Great tunes too...

51Y7f22fOgL._SS500_.jpg

ps; can you name everyone on the cover? Pretty easy really if you're of a certain age
smiley-frown.gif

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
DIB said:
This sounds so good on vinyl, a great recording SQ-wise. Great tunes too...

51Y7f22fOgL._SS500_.jpg

ps; can you name everyone on the cover? Pretty easy really if you're of a certain age
smiley-frown.gif

Bought for me by my parents when I was eight and, yes, I can name them all :) :( not sure which one counts here!!

TRENDING THREADS