What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 42 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
bretty said:
51cFR2xheIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Meshuggah - Obzen

I love this album!!!

Mmmmmmm....... ;)

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
mitch65 said:
Jason36 said:

Good choice Jason, really giving the Goldring a marathon run in :)

Cheers Mitch ;-)

Yep giving the Goldring a good running in tonight........currently spinning...

21JJCP2J6DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Excellent Album.....180g vinyl and amazing SQ......needless to sat this sounds the best it ever has with the Goldring :)

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
letthere.jpg

AC/DC - `Let There Be Rock`

There are some real belters on this album. Includes the highly underrated `Overdose` which has one of the bands greatest ever riffs.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
Some more early 70's classic rock...

619LXf7GCZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Currently running a test.... 40 yr old LP via TT, Re-Mastered 1996 CD via CD/Amp, and via CD/DAC/Amp

So far TT winning
smiley-smile.gif

It will be a walkover. I actually think that the 1996 re-master was pretty poor.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
thelongrun.jpg

The Eagles - `The Long Run`

This was the first lp I bought which cost over £4. £4.29 to be precise. No.55 in a series of 200 useless trivia facts about my record collection. Collect the set.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
survivor said:
DIB said:
Some more early 70's classic rock...

619LXf7GCZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Currently running a test.... 40 yr old LP via TT, Re-Mastered 1996 CD via CD/Amp, and via CD/DAC/Amp

So far TT winning
smiley-smile.gif

It will be a walkover. I actually think that the 1996 re-master was pretty poor.

The CD seems quite "flat" in comparison, not hugely, but the vinyl was definitely the preferred choice.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:

You Shook Me and I’m Dazed And Confused on this Black Mountain Side. I know I said I Can’t Quit You Baby but How Many More Times must we have a Communication Breakdown. We’ve had Good Times Bad Times so Your Time Is Gonna Come because Babe I’m Gonna Leave You.

Just brilliant, the album that is, probably my second favourite ever.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
41S6GWKN9ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Mr Bungle - Self-titled

I got this and their second album, Disco Volante, today. I've been both excited and anxious about getting these. Excited cos I love the band and anxious cos of the bad reputation the pressings have. Listening to the this album now, for the first time, I'm happy. The internet comments are exaggerated. The quality of the pressing is fine. No distortion and everything is clear. What the internet comments did get right, though, was the sound level is really low. My normal listening volume is around 9.30 on the dial. I've got this at 1 o'clock and it's still a little quiet. Bit strange.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
DIB said:

You Shook Me and I’m Dazed And Confused on this Black Mountain Side. I know I said I Can’t Quit You Baby but How Many More Times must we have a Communication Breakdown. We’ve had Good Times Bad Times so Your Time Is Gonna Come because Babe I’m Gonna Leave You.

Just brilliant, the album that is, probably my second favourite ever.

LA

It's certainly my favourite Zep album, it's just so dynamic sounding. I compare this to my Led Zep IV album for example ( Stairway to Heaven (yawn), Black Dog etc) and the production on IV is just plain muddy in comparison.

By the way, if LZ I is your 2nd fave of all, what's No. 1?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
Lost Angeles said:

LA

It's certainly my favourite Zep album, it's just so dynamic sounding. I compare this to my Led Zep IV album for example ( Stairway to Heaven (yawn), Black Dog etc) and the production on IV is just plain muddy in comparison.

By the way, if LZ I is your 2nd fave of all, what's No. 1?

DIB

My fave album is Zep 3 but it could easily be Zep 1. There is not much between them.
Both albums are pure class. I love all the first 4 Zep albums, if I had to go somewhere and could only take 10 albums I would definitely take the first 4 Zep albums.
My favourite 20 tracks of all time would probably contain 10 tracks from these albums.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
not been on this thread for 5 days and had 89 new posts to get through some good stuff from all.

just picked up a ex+ copy of echo and the bunnymen- songs to learn and sing.

never gave these a chance but love it.

and for my 3 years hes on 4th listen of ghostbusters 7inch

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Listening to new purchase of Portishead - Dummy

Haven't heard it in ages, but then caught a snippet of 'Glory Box' yesterday - in a story about Record Store day - and had to have it on vinyl !

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site

This is a Brilliant Album......contains cover versions of songs by The Cure, The Smiths, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Duran Duran amongst others. Realeased for Record Store Day and limited to 5000 copies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts