What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 160 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
BBB, you really are rubbing my nose in it!

Who? Me?

kitty-angel.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

@ Charlie

I've got greatest hits, more greatest hits, and blonde on blonde (minus a sleeve), all unplayed by me; sorry!

I might start a new thread on records we own own with missing sleeves; I've got quite a few. I've also got some sleeves without records in.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I managed one side of Dylan, that was enough.

Proper tunes now. :)

Discharge-hearseesay.jpg

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
@ Charlie

I've got greatest hits, more greatest hits, and blonde on blonde (minus a sleeve), all unplayed by me; sorry!

I might start a new thread on records we own own with missing sleeves; I've got quite a few. I've also got some sleeves without records in.

Good thread thought*

I can think of many records I own but have rarely, if ever, played. Mostly Genesis, one inherited Marillion LP and solo albums by ex-members of Whitesnake.

I think Pink Floyd are my equivalent to your Bob refusenik stance. I own Meddle, The Final Cut, three Roger Waters solo albums and two David Gilmour LPs - none of which I like much.

Next is The Stones, although the recent-ish Grrrr compilation went some way to changing my opinion.

(Blonde On Blonde is in my Dylan top 10 and includes my number two favourite song of all -time, Visions Of Johanna!)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I also want to start a thread about how people file their records, how many they have, and what they have.

Not sure how to go about it to make it a long running thread, rather than just a short term thing.

bill reid

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.I bought myself a storage unit from IKEA..they come in two sizes.it is basically a wall unit full of pigeon holes that fit vinyl lp,s perfectly.Reasonably priced too.Albums ive purchased recently would be.The Cinematic Orchestra - Ma Fleur,Tosca - The Odean Remixes ,Nighmare on Wax- Feeling Good, Gotan Project La Revancha Del Tango.I enjoy music of many varieties.If i,m looking for piano i might lsiten to Keith Jarrett album,,The Koln Concert or Jan Garbarek Visible World on sax.If its female vocals i might listen to Patricia Barber.I love her album Cafe Blue.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

bill reid said:
Hi there.I bought myself a storage unit from IKEA..they come in two sizes.it is basically a wall unit full of pigeon holes that fit vinyl lp,s perfectly.Reasonably priced too.Albums ive purchased recently would be.The Cinematic Orchestra - Ma Fleur,Tosca - The Odean Remixes ,Nighmare on Wax- Feeling Good, Gotan Project La Revancha Del Tango.I enjoy music of many varieties.If i,m looking for piano i might lsiten to Keith Jarrett album,,The Koln Concert or Jan Garbarek Visible World on sax.If its female vocals i might listen to Patricia Barber.I love her album Cafe Blue.

Welcome Bill.

Try this new thread I've started, and let us know more about your records.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/turntables-and-lps/the-vinyl-album-club

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Simple Minds - Once Upon A Time

Simple Minds - Sparkle In The Rain

This was when Simple Minds went full on, widescreen massive magnificence. The critics will never agree, but everyone else loved it!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jimbofisher said:
Playing a few from my measly collection!

Julian Cope - Saint Julian

Ian McCulloch - Candleland

Ever growing collection. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts