What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 159 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

As is this.

john_foxx-metamatic.jpg

You know you want it Steve. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOHN-FOXX-METAMATIC-ALBUM-NEW-WAVE-1980S-/221338692115?pt=UK_Records&hash=item3388d06a13

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
on one tonight with the Radius then BB

Just waiting for my Elicit to warm up!

I seem to be.

Get yourself that John Foxx album Steve, it's awesome.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
CJSF said:
Peter Gabriel 'So', notable; side one, track 3, 'Don't give up', super base line especially the last minute.

I was playing this only a couple of nights ago. I love this album. He's brought out some great music over the years has he not?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
Smokebelch

First time ever I've played the whole album through, I usually just listen to the first side of the first record.

A lot of stuff on here I like, and I don't think my wife hates it either, as she usually moans like f**k if I play anything dance or hip hop orientated.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
1) Electric - PSB (Vinyl Factory)

Possibly the best (recent) LP I own for sound quality.

2) Experiment Below - Hovercraft

3) Side Tracks - Bob Dylan

No Akathisia yet then?

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Phew BB, had a listen on Spotify . . . I suppose it must be me, but I really cant get to grips with 'modern music', thank god for Spotify sampling . . . :doh: CJSF

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

CJSF said:
Phew BB, had a listen on Spotify . . . I suppose it must be me, but I really cant get to grips with 'modern music', thank god for Spotify sampling . . . :doh: CJSF

John Foxx or Sabres of Paradise?

Neither are really modern CJSF; John Foxx album is 33 years old, and Sabres album is 20 years old. It was more aimed at Steve, as I know he likes electronic music, and I wasn't sure he'd know the John Foxx album.

We can't all like everything, some of my biggest hates are some of the world's biggest bands, but I will give anything a go.

I fnd with music, as in life, it's good to keep an open mind.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
CJSF said:

John Foxx or Sabres of Paradise?

Neither are really modern CJSF; John Foxx album is 33 years old, and Sabres album is 20 years old. It was more aimed at Steve, as I know he likes electronic music, and I wasn't sure he'd know the John Foxx album.

We can't all like everything, some of my biggest hates are some of the world's biggest bands, but I will give anything a go.

I fnd with music, as in life, it's good to keep an open mind.

As you say BB keep an open mind, I did give it a try? I listen to a lot of country music, most people I know cant stand it, and I agree, a lot of country is whinging and wining, perhaps thats why I lean heavily towards instrumentals? Each to his own, be a very uninteresting world if we were all the same, dont want anymore like me do we ;) CJSF

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Good comp that DIB, quite mainstream, but a good starter for the genre.

I bet the vinyl is good as well isn't it? Soul Jazz Records pressings were always great.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BBB,

re: John Foxx, probably one of those records you see for £1, but have never heard of them - only through chance you get put on to these hidden gems.

I am off now to Langley Mill Records - its local - omg it stuffed full of records, google it!

Will report back later with my purchases, cant wait not purchased any vinyl for over a week now!

PS Hoping to find sone Smiths, Joy Division, new order to further complement my collection.

OUT

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
CJSF, nowt wrong with Country - I myself am trying to hunt down 'Highwaymen" by Cash, Nelson, Jennings & Kristoffsen - this reminds me of my late teens when my mum met this guy who was a Nelson, Cash fan - he had it playing in his Cortina - Fooking loved it and i want to get it on vinyl!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
I am off now to Langley Mill Records - its local - omg it stuffed full of records, google it!

That's a lot of records, and I bet some real bargains to be had. It's just a bit too far for me, if it was south of Nottingham, I'd probably have a day out record shopping there.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Good comp that DIB, quite mainstream, but a good starter for the genre.

I bet the vinyl is good as well isn't it? Soul Jazz Records pressings were always great.

Outstanding. Only played Disc 1 so far but the quality is plain to hear, even with my dodgy old lugs.

Only bought this compilation because a) I wanted to buy an LP first and foremost (a little pre Xmas treat for myself, b) the price was right, and c) I rather like that genre but own nothing of it, so thought why not? Glad I did now.

Also spent a tenner in the Oxfam shop up the road, and bought myself some Nils Lofgren, Judie Tzuke, and Chris Rea LPs that looked in OK nick, but the proof will be in the playing.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Pretty much an immaculate original copy, can't remember where I bought it, but definitely didn't cost more than a pound.

the-smiths-the-queen-is-dead.jpg

REM-Document.jpg

Got a bit bored with REM, so put this on.

Captain-Beefheart--Magic-Safe-As-Milk-460336.jpg

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BBB, you really are rubbing my nose in it!

Had a copy of The Queen is Dead in my hand yesterday for £6, terrible condition though so had to refrain!

BTW listening to

Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts