What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 139 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
BBB, what are listening to vinyl on ATM?

Ortofon back on.

I kind of got the Goldring back together, and worked out a way of setting it up, but unfortunately I pulled the needle part out of it's housing, so it's ******.

I may be able to get some money back by selling the cartridge alone on ebay, but otherwise, I pissed £200 + up the wall.

I've learnt a valuable lesson, if something is tricky to do, and doesn't seem to work, give up.

The Ortofon sounds good to me, and this Kraftwerk vinyl is mind blowing, so I'm going to get a similar style Ortofon, may a Super 10.

Goldring can shove there fat bellied little bastards right up their arses.

A

Anonymous

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Did you hear about my calamity with the new Goldring 1042?

Yes, you're not having much luck at the mo are you, but at least you can buy the stylus separately.

Albeit at a price.

Really enjoyed the Quincy Jones album.

Now on

Paul Weller Paul Weller

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Damn you BBB, i keep bloody ordering Vinyl on you recommendation!

I've just ordered Autobahn and Trans Europe Express from the same series, flawless vinyl, and Man Machine comes with a lovely booklet, so hopefully the others do too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LCOQQE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LCOQVY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I've spent nearly £300 this month on vinyl!

Got another copy of Heligoland 3 x 180g, freaking awesome that one!

I have been looking at Kraftwerk originals, but might just be done with and order the lot from Amazon!

Got loads on Pre-Order - Morcheeba, Goldfrapp & Boards of Canada Re-Issues to name but a few - good times

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

andybeau said:
stevebrock said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Damn you BBB, i keep bloody ordering Vinyl on you recommendation!

He's a ****** ain't he

Oh you said ******, I thought you were calling me much worse.
grin.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
I've spent nearly £300 this month on vinyl!

Got another copy of Heligoland 3 x 180g, freaking awesome that one!

I have been looking at Kraftwerk originals, but might just be done with and order the lot from Amazon!

Got loads on Pre-Order - Morcheeba, Goldfrapp & Boards of Canada Re-Issues to name but a few - good times

Do it, even my wife is blown away by these reissues, and the booklets are lovely.

I have Autobahn and Trans Europe Express originals, and they're good, but not close to these reissues.

My original Trans Europe Express will be going on the ebay very soon, Autobahn will be staying though..

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Done it!

ManMachine

Autobahn

TransEurope Express

& Stereophonics - Graffiti Train (not keen on them TBH but like a few tracks off this)

love it!

Another £78

I hope Amazon were the cheapest, not even looked anywhere else!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
Done it!

ManMachine

Autobahn

TransEurope Express

& Stereophonics - Graffiti Train (not keen on them TBH but like a few tracks off this)

love it!

Another £78

They'll be very close to the cheapest, if not, and they're the only Kraftwerk albums you'll ever need.

Honestly, it's like they're in the room with you playing, never heard anything like it.

A

Anonymous

stevebrock said:
Done it!

ManMachine

Autobahn

TransEurope Express

love it!

Another £78

Just to miss quote Grange Hill 'Just Say Yes'

You know it's right really

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
Can't frigging wait now!

I'm not worried about these recommendations, because even if you don't like music (and you will), the SQ will blow your socks off.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Now playing Kraftwerk - Autobahn original.

Sounds good, but can't wait for the remaster.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Let's hope you like it.

If you do, try John Foxx "Metamatic", he was most definitely a big big fan, and that's a great album.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts