What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 140 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Makin' Time Rhythm and Soul

The Countdown Compilation

The Beat Generation And Angry Young Men (Compilation)

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
andybeau said:
Makin' Time Rhythm and Soul

The Countdown Compilation

The Beat Generation And Angry Young Men (Compilation)

Come on BBB and Steve, get Electric Cafe or Techo Pop, as its rebranded with their remasters, into your baskets.

Oh, and the Neu vinyl box.

The 2009 Kraftwerk remasters on CD and vinyl are very good, I agree. The Mix and as mentioned above, Electric Cafe, are near essential.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I've had an expensive day Charlie, and as much as I'd love the Neu box set, and the other Kraftwerk reissues, I think I've spent (and wasted) quite enough for one day.

Steve on the other hand seems to have endless funds.
rofl.gif

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I've had an expensive day Charlie, and as much as I'd love the Neu box set, and the other Kraftwerk reissues, I think I've spent (and wasted) quite enough for one day.

rofl.gif

Feeling your pain, BBB. I hope you get everything sorted, eventually.

Got my eye on the Another Self-Portrait vinyl box but it's not cheap. I'm trying to stick to my no Amazon rule and buy it from Jumbo. Plus there's a record fair today at the Corn Exchange, so I'm contemplating raiding my children's piggy banks!

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Portishead - Roseland NYC live

Daughter - If You Leave

Sigur Ros - Kveikur

Loving the love for Kraftwerk and will be playing some later, mine are all the remasters (except Tour de France) but in German on their Kling Klan label with booklets all sound superb. Saw the at Latitude in July and they were amazing.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

rofl.gif

Feeling your pain, BBB. I hope you get everything sorted, eventually.

Got my eye on the Another Self-Portrait vinyl box but it's not cheap. I'm trying to stick to my no Amazon rule and buy it from Jumbo. Plus there's a record fair today at the Corn Exchange, so I'm contemplating raiding my children's piggy banks!

I fully understand this, but I decided some time ago that the only person who suffers from such a stance, is yourself. They are indeed tax avoiding wankers, but the principles and morals this country once held dear were lost in the eighties, and I for one have given up trying to wage a lone war against such immorality.

Ditto.
rofl.gif

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Kraftwerk - Trans Europa Express (my fave album of theirs).

As for Amazon, I avoid them if at all possible. At least once a month, will be going tomorrow, I go to Brighton and buy my vinyl, some preordered, and CDs from the fantastic Resident Records. Only if can't find something there, very rare, then I order over the net, usually Diverse Vinyl or another independent. It's my fight back against the death of and homogenisation of the High Street. If you don't use the shops you will lose them!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
jimbofisher said:
Kraftwerk - Trans Europa Express (my fave album of theirs).

As for Amazon, I avoid them if at all possible. At least once a month, will be going tomorrow, I go to Brighton and buy my vinyl, some preordered, and CDs from the fantastic Resident Records. Only if can't find something there, very rare, then I order over the net, usually Diverse Vinyl or another independent. It's my fight back against the death of and homogenisation of the High Street. If you don't use the shops you will lose them!

Can't wait for my Kraftwerk LPs to turn up

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Car Boot purchase from a few weeks ago, and it's immaculate, not a pop, even between tracks.

61VCOk8c8-L._SY450_.jpg

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Good one BBB,

today:

Depeche Mode - Speak & Spell

U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky

The Cult - Sonic Temple

The Chameleons - Script of a Bridge

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (2x45 Hoffman)

The Smiths - Strangeways

New Order - Technique

Paris Angels - Perfume 12"

The House of Love - The House of Loe

The Cure - Disintegration

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Just give them a listen, the vinyl's gonna be very very hard to find.

Stupidly a few years ago, after being nagged to death by my wife, I got rid of the 4 of their 12" singles, weren't worth much at the time, so I think they ended up at a charity shop.

I still have the album though.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Its taken me a year to find a decent copy of The Chameleons - Script of a Bridge, love that album - I got lucky and found one for £8 and not a single pop or crackle

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts