What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
lol im now on kid creole and the coconuts - tropical gangsters

the opening track is called annie im not your daddy it has a little madness in it.

fingers crossed i take to it i have 6 albums from this band that i have been passed from the outlaw

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
CS1265118-02A-BIG.jpg

What Another Man Spills by Lambchop

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

lol im now on kid creole and the coconuts - tropical gangsters

the opening track is called annie im not your daddy

"See if I was in your blood, then you wouldn't be so ugly" FANTASTIC LINE

A

Anonymous

mmm....after taking delivery of my Clearaudio Concept today I have thus far listened to John Grant-Queen Of Denmark, Kate Bush Hound Of Love, Wings Band on the Run, Arcade Fire..The Suburbs..& at the mo..Terence Trent D'arby..Introducing The Hardline...!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
smuggs:
a big cherry box set of diana ross and the supremes

lp number6 hits of others.

good clean copy and sounds good but theres a few iffy tracks like unchained melody and the long and winding road.

anyone heard any of jj cale or katie meleu on vinyl really like both on cds. going to order the pair boxing day when i know how much money im batting with

I've got this one, £3.00 from a record fair earlier this year. Top drawer, nice and laid back..

51TbmU%2Bh7nL._SS500_.jpg

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
mobill49:mmm....after taking delivery of my Clearaudio Concept today I have thus far listened to John Grant-Queen Of Denmark, Kate Bush Hound Of Love, Wings Band on the Run, Arcade Fire..The Suburbs..& at the mo..Terence Trent D'arby..Introducing The Hardline...!

I'm a bit jealous that you have a copy of '....Hardline' on vinyl. I've been after a copy for a while. I bet it sounds the nuts, right?

Congrats on your new TT, BTW!

Troy62

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mobill49:Terence Trent D'arby..Introducing The Hardline...!

Good choice. One of my all time favourites and does sound bloody good on vinyl. Shame he turned into an utter plank after he released this one though. If I remember the follow up album was terrible.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Troy62:

Good choice. One of my all time favourites and does sound bloody good on vinyl. Shame he turned into an utter plank after he released this one though. If I remember the follow up album was terrible.

I think you're being very kind there. It was rubbish! ( actual word used changes miraculously)

Troy62

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
DIB:Troy62:

I think you're being very kind there. It was rubbish! ( actual word used changes miraculously)

LOL I was being a bit polite there but my mummy taught me never to say f*** or b*gger
emotion-2.gif

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thank DIB -i have a couple of them on my watch list now i may habe to pay £6-8 for near mint copy but i love his laid back sound and now and now and then he fires a fast hard hitting one at you. i love mama dont, need that on vinyl.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
sterophonics-you gotta go there to come back

my near mint vinyl copy has just gave the cd copy i have the biggest beating ive ever heard to the point that i may never listen to the cd again

A

Anonymous

Yesterday's afternoon session:

I-Roy Crisis Time

Various: We are Getting Bad - The Sound of Phase One

Josef K - Young and Stupid/Endless Soul

Various: Black Slavery Days/The Sounds of Saint Annes

Count Basie - Basie

James Brown - Soul on Top

Various: Angola Soundtrack

Aloe Blacc - Good Things

Various: Good God/Born Again Funk

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles:
61jCFGp3O%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Uriah Heep "very eavy very umble"

Good god I'm feeling old. I went to see these in 1972, backed by Paladin and Sha Na Na, at Manchester Free Trade Hall.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I genuinely like "Neither Fish Nor Flesh"

and think it is far superior to his first album.

Seriously, check it out, you might be surprised.

It is a little pretentious, but has some great tunes, particularly "I Have Faith In These Desolate Times" and "To Know Someone Deeply Is To Know Someone Softly"

Got my copy at a car boot for 50p, so if you see it for that price, why not try it.

And they're always in great condition, because nobody ever played them.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB:Lost Angeles:

61jCFGp3O%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Uriah Heep "very eavy very umble"

Good god I'm feeling old. I went to see these in 1972, backed by Paladin and Sha Na Na, at Manchester Free Trade Hall..

I managed to seee Paladin in the early 70s but not anywhere as big as MFTH. Did the drummer do a solo using the stage as well as drums or was that a different band.Also seen Sha Na Na, Have you seen any of the 3 bands I've played tonight,all off 180gr vinyl.
51B2487867L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
61zHQANGkIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51-Pb5T%2B23L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lynyrd Skynyrd "Second Helping" Thin Lizzy "Jailbreak" And Supertramp "Breakfast In America"

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles:
I managed to seee Paladin in the early 70s but not anywhere as big as MFTH. Did the drummer do a solo using the stage as well as drums or was that a different band.Also seen Sha Na Na, Have you seen any of the 3 bands I've played tonight,all off 180gr vinyl.
51B2487867L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
61zHQANGkIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51-Pb5T%2B23L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lynyrd Skynyrd "Second Helping" Thin Lizzy "Jailbreak" And Supertramp "Breakfast In America"

Never been a big fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd or Supertramp so never been to see them live. Funnily enough as I've got older a lot of the well known Supertramp singles have really grown on me.

In my heyday of regular gigging Thin Lizzy are the one band that I never went to see live that I deeply regret to this day. I was always a massive fan of the band but due to various circumstances I never got to see them live though there were umpteen opportunities.

Top, top band.

Going back to the Paladin gig, I'm afraid it's so long ago that I can't remember anything about it. However last year I was listening to Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone on 6 Music and he played a track by Paladin "Give Me Your Hand" off their Charge album. It was really good, so much so that I bought the CD. It's rather good, definitely of it's time but that's what I like anyway.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW:

I genuinely like "Neither Fish Nor Flesh"

and think it is far superior to his first album.

Seriously, check it out, you might be surprised.

It is a little pretentious, but has some great tunes, particularly "I Have Faith In These Desolate Times" and "To Know Someone Deeply Is To Know Someone Softly"

Got my copy at a car boot for 50p, so if you see it for that price, why not try it.

And they're always in great condition, because nobody ever played them.

Time for a re-assessment then methinks. I'll give it a spin on Spotify later, see what i reckon now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts