What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying a few interesting ones today, chosen on vinyl as the CDs themselves are quite bright sounding - Winger's first album and Lloyd Cole's self titled ("Undressed" is a stunning track) - both of these sound great on vinyl.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
51HJVEPJ5UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51vo3OdgnPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I hope my leg don't break, walking on the moon.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
True Blue:

I've posted this album a few times on this thread. Fantastic. My fave Joe Cocker and I like a few.

What a rhythm section, Sly & Robbie. It doesn't get much better.

A

Anonymous

Kate Bush "Hounds of Love", 180g 25th anniversary edition marble vinyl...
d511e03ae7a079eb32b7f110.L.jpg

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
bob dylan greatest hits and it is so good. i need a proper album which is thought to be the best for SQ.

is there any others that really dont sound right on cd and then blow you away on vinyl

A

Anonymous

One that comes to mind is Blue by Joni Mitchell sounds much better on vinyl than on CD. But then I think all vinyl sounds better.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Greenwich_Man:Lost Angeles:
313WYcEuCLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Picked this up for 3 quid yesterday as it looked in better nick than my original copy and sounds better as well.

Great one - often on my turntable - I have 2 copies too

I have two too!

I also over the years have managed to own three copies of the Doors' LA Women LP, plus a CD as well, plus its ripped on my PC too, so you could say I've got five copies of that particular album. No idea how all that happened.

A

Anonymous

TV on the Radio - Dear Science

Aloe Blac - Good Things

Tom Waits - The Asylum Years

A

Anonymous

King crimson - in the court of the crimson king - 200g

Holy modal rounders - good taste is timeless - sundazed 180g

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
DIB:Greenwich_Man:Lost Angeles:
313WYcEuCLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Picked this up for 3 quid yesterday as it looked in better nick than my original copy and sounds better as well.

Great one - often on my turntable - I have 2 copies too

I have two too!

I also over the years have managed to own three copies of the Doors' LA Women LP, plus a CD as well, plus its ripped on my PC too, so you could say I've got five copies of that particular album. No idea how all that happened..

Does that make us fans ?!
emotion-5.gif

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
516C0ntVehL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Fleetwood Mac Tusk. Not the strongest selection of songs but a fine sounding double LP which they supposedly spent a fortune on. A pity they did not spend some of it on the cover as each disc has 2 cardboard sleeves and I've put my discs into plastic sleeves as well so not leaving much room in a single cover, it would have been much better as a gatefold.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

Lovely original copy bought cheaply at a Car Boot sale (probably)

Roberta Flack - First Take

Great album, great copy. No idea where I bought it though.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
a big cherry box set of diana ross and the supremes

lp number6 hits of others.

good clean copy and sounds good but theres a few iffy tracks like unchained melody and the long and winding road.

anyone heard any of jj cale or katie meleu on vinyl really like both on cds. going to order the pair boxing day when i know how much money im batting with

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts