What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles:floyd droid:

I heard, back then, that a Steely Dan was a Street term for a ladies toy. Prolly a load of tosh, but you never know.

Nearly right. Edgar Burroughs. ' Naked Lunch'. Reference to a steam powered adult toy. I claim my 3p not offered prize.

I read it in a Rebus book on holiday. If I ever get to Iceland I'll give you your 3p prize money.
The thing is I only ever go south.
3p you would be quite rich in Iceland these days, their economy is about the same as Ireland's, Kaput.

Hee hee
emotion-5.gif
. Good to read that you are hum free now my friend.

simon3102000

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
margetti:simon3102000:

Fleetwood Mac-Tango in the night... sounds awsome! Stevie nicks voice is amazing, love it!

Just put this on - yet again. Such a superb recording - never fails to impress! Lush!
emotion-1.gif

One of the best sounding vinyls ive heard, maybe even the best :O

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1:margetti:
31GFSQZTZBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Just started to listen to this album on spotify, it's very good! child in time is fantastic!!

gb, get a copy of Fireball. Donkeys yrs old, if its been remastered i havnt a clue, but just seek out as good a copy as you can. Then wick it up. Absolute belter of a Purple album.

Edit,oh dear its been re-done and released back in feb this yr.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
floyd droid:
gbhsi1:margetti:Just started to listen to this album on spotify, it's very good! child in time is fantastic!!

gb, get a copy of Fireball. Donkeys yrs old, if its been remastered i havnt a clue, but just seek out as good a copy as you can. Then wick it up. Absolute belter of a Purple album.

2nd that!
emotion-21.gif

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
joe bonamassa,black rock

bruce springsteen,born to run

gary moore,still got the blues

and im cleaning for tomorrow 2lp ramsey lewis greatest hits and m.jackson ben and fleetwood mac tango in the night.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I've bought a few from e-bay this week. I'm giving 'em a whirl, this morning.

51m5pOed3%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Elvis costello - Armed Forces

Billy Joel - Greatest vits Vol. I and II.

I didn't have much experience of his work. Obviously, I knew the famous singles from his career, like 'Uptown Girl' and 'River Of Dreams', but that it. This album, along with 'An Innocent Man', have shown me that he was a really talented songwriter, with a great voice, to boot. I didn't know that he sung 'She's Always A Woman To Me', that was a big single for some other guy, this year. A very good album and a great pressing.

Prince - Purple Rain.

I got a real bargain here. Un-opened, Original 80's pressing, still in it's cellophane wrapper, for £3. It sounds great, too.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
margetti:floyd droid:

gbhsi1:margetti:Just started to listen to this album on spotify, it's very good! child in time is fantastic!!

2nd that!
emotion-21.gif

Get Deep Purple In Rock the album that Child In Time is off, better than Fireball IMO.
Wait for the ricochet.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles:

Get Deep Purple In Rock the album that Child In Time is off, better than Fireball IMO.
Wait for the ricochet.

Or just buy both gb.

See the blind man shooting at the world.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
pete seeger-best of

eagles- greatest hits 1971-75

steve wonder-in square circle

and just cleaning depeche mode-violater and okeh a mono 1968 1st print - r&b collection for tomorrow night after the sunderland-everton footie game

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:how does chris rea sound i like that song isnt there 2 parts or does that album have both on it

The album has part 1 and 2 on it, the first 2 tracks on side 1.
The production is excellent and the vinyl transfer for a late 80s vinyl is good, not as warm as 70s vinyl but better than some other 80s stuff I've bought.
In the last 4 weeks I've had a new arm and phono stage so whether this is affecting my answer is possible, I'd be interested to know other opinions.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
faithless-imsomnia(12inch single) sounded pretty good nice bass my first taste of dance/house music on vinyl so may dip my toes in a little more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts