What is wrong with the picture on Indiana Jones Crystal Skull Blu Ray

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

awful movie, just like the star wars prequels, wish they'd left it alone.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Del Smith:I bought it because I was told it had a new THX logo.
Only to find it was in DD not true HD.

It is Dolby True HD, at least thats what my reciever says it is.

A

Anonymous

True Blue:
Del Smith:I bought it because I was told it had a new THX logo.
Only to find it was in DD not true HD.

It is Dolby True HD, at least thats what my reciever says it is.

The film is True HD but the logo isn't.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Del Smith:True Blue:Del Smith:I bought it because I was told it had a new THX logo.
Only to find it was in DD not true HD.It is Dolby True HD, at least thats what my reciever says it is.

I don't understand what you mean by this. THX is mainly a quality assurance system - it's meant to indicate the film has been mixed to a certain standard in order to carry the logo. It has nothing to do with Dolby Digital or TrueHD.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Hello Prof, I too was confused by this statement. Got rid of the damn film now
emotion-2.gif
, so it can no longer pollute my senses

A

Anonymous

Bit off topic but I would like to share. Was looking through Sky Anytime yesterday and came across a Chinese film called Assembly yes its subtitles but it is a great film very graphic but well made. It was shot in HD but no DD just DS

A

Anonymous

professorhat:
Del Smith:True Blue:Del Smith:I bought it because I was told it had a new THX logo.
Only to find it was in DD not true HD.It is Dolby True HD, at least thats what my reciever says it is.

I don't understand what you mean by this. THX is mainly a quality assurance system - it's meant to indicate the film has been mixed to a certain standard in order to carry the logo. It has nothing to do with Dolby Digital or TrueHD.

Hi Prof,
I know what THX is, I wasn't talking about the badge, what I was trying to say was with many THX movies, you get the THX logo(you could call it a sound demo, where the logo shatters into glass with thunder and lightning)at the begining of the film, I have quite often used it to show off my system,on DVD's I have been able to select DD or DTS and compare the differences between the two.
Then I heard there was a new Logo on the Indie film, which is quite good, but it only plays in DD, once it's finished then the sound goes to True HD for the film.
I was hoping for something that demonstrates how good true HD can be.
Hope that makes sense.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
hilly10:Bit off topic but I would like to share. Was looking through Sky Anytime yesterday and came across a Chinese film called Assembly yes its subtitles but it is a great film very graphic but well made. It was shot in HD but no DD just DS

Yes, it was excellent, wasn't it?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ginder:Just saw this trailer of Dragon Wars on Youtube, looks pretty good!

Let's put it this way - if you liked this

51LtARyj2zL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

then you'll probably like D-War too.

Can't vouch for the picture quality on the US/UK releases as mine is a Korean DVD.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I was reading the reviews about the film "HOST" on amazons website & this made me laugh.

Taken from the review.

"Their is a complete lack of totty"

Lets say the user only gave it two stars.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Del Smith:

Hi Prof,
I know what THX is, I wasn't talking about the badge, what I was trying to say was with many THX movies, you get the THX logo(you could call it a sound demo, where the logo shatters into glass with thunder and lightning)at the begining of the film, I have quite often used it to show off my system,on DVD's I have been able to select DD or DTS and compare the differences between the two.
Then I heard there was a new Logo on the Indie film, which is quite good, but it only plays in DD, once it's finished then the sound goes to True HD for the film.
I was hoping for something that demonstrates how good true HD can be.
Hope that makes sense.

Ohhh, I get you now.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
slewis:"Their is a complete lack of totty"

Their what is a complete lack of totty?

I've not seen the film but i pressume he was talking about the actors or actresses.
In the film HOST

A

Anonymous

Iv seen reviews sayin that its better than Cloverfield, content wise not special effects wise.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ginder:Iv seen reviews sayin that its better than Cloverfield, content wise not special effects wise.

Well, the acting is atrocious, but then do you buy a film like this for acting?

And the camerawork's a bit less shaky.

A

Anonymous

Let's be honest. The improvement in CGI in the last decade or so has meant a lot of very poor sequences in all Action movies. The main prob IMHO is that directors get lazy and start to rely on them rather than thinking about how to make the film more visually stimulating. They ignore the obvious limitations of current tech and go for volume over quality.

Spiderman really annoyed me because the unnatural movement was very obvious and this hasn't really improved through the trilogy. As for Star Wars...it comes to something when the film made over 20 years ago is more believeable than the recent video gamesque excursions.

Can anyone think of a film that has excellent CGI ?

I haven't seen IJ but the high def trailer i got from the PS3 store looks ok. Pic quality wise anyway. The action scenes look typically overdone !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts