My movie of the week on BlueRay ... yours?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I've seen a number of films this week as I had a few days off. I'm not going to do a full film 'review' but keep it shallow ... Two stand-out films where;

Changeling by C/Eastwood, a true story brilliantly acted by everyone taking part no doubt due to the subtle and understanding way Eastwood seems to approach just about every film he makes. Lovely photography. Many of the scenes are in dark surroundings or of high contrast so a telly which can handle those will help no end.

The second one and favorite is Valley of Elah. Favorite not for the story line, Changeling wins that one, but for equally strong acting by T.L.J and the stunning quality of the BR-transfer. I have become quite a fan of Tommy Lee Jones, mostly for the depth of character and humanity he seems to bring to his roles. The quality of photography is immense. Pictures are clear clear ... clear with little or no noise as far as I could see. Perfectly lit too. Colours are very slightly under-saturated though they where never less than perfect on my tv, especially on skin tones and soldiers uniforms. It has a subtle cinematic gloss without going overboard. Detail on every scene is outstanding. Loved it.

What is your favorite movie of late and why?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
m.j:
AAAARRGGGHHH

BLU-RAY !!!!

LOL

Na, can't say I've seen that one but I'll keep a look out ...
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

m.j:
AAAARRGGGHHH

ÿBLU-RAY !!!!

ÿ

LOL

What he said.

LOL

ÿ

Mine is going to be Kill Bill 2, just because Lovefilm kindly sent it to me. Saw the first one last week-end.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Mine is Zodiac.

Great film, intruiging story and fantastic performances from RDJ and the main cop character (forget his name and cant be bothered to IMDB him). Jake Gyllenhaal was pretty 1-dimensional.

Fantastic HD transfer.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
'My Best Friend's Girl'. OK, so it's sooooo completely obvious what's gonna happen, but it was funny and enjoyable none-the-less.

And it has a 7.1 soundtrack to boot!

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
This weekend, I'll mainly be watching My Name Is Bruce ...

I know it didn't get great reviews, but hey, if you're into Bruce Campbell and B-movies, what's not to like?

emotion-14.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts