What Hifi sort your website out honestly

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
All i wanted to do is reply to a former member and i get a message saying Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted. If you feel this is in error, please report that you are blocked

cjsf thanks for pointing me to Mickey Newbury its a fantastic album

What Hifi your website is a complete disgrace carry on like this and i'll be forced to ask you to cancel my account

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid you're in for a long wait... numerous issues have arisen since they introduced the new site and, not sure if much progress has been made in terms of ironing them out... certainly not my particular one!

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Macspur said:
I'm afraid you're in for a long wait... numerous issues have arisen since they introduced the new site and, not sure if much progress has been made in terms of ironing them out... certainly not my particular one!

I'm so sorry they still haven't sorted things out for you Mac. There have clearly been improvements, but leaving you [and similar] out is a disgrace.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
The Mad One, I've added you to the trusted users group so you shouldn't face the spam filter problem again. JD

Can I be trusted as well? I've lost several posts due to the spam filter. Frustrating to take the time to type a response only to be blocked (for no discernible reason I might add).

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Last week I tried to post two new topics, but despite seeming to accept the posts and getting no rejection or error messages, these posts did not appear. They vanished into the ether.

I've also had the spam filter triggered on seemingly innocent replies to topics. Editing out possible troublesome words seems to make no difference at all.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MeanandGreen said:
Who ever is in charge of the running of the site needs a kick up the backside if you ask me! It's the worst website I visit for bugs.

Frankly I don't think anyone is 'in charge' any more. I am beginning to suspect the website has been left to 'wither on the vine' due to lack of money or manpower or interest.

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I've just had the spam filter block a post to help another member. I've been persevering with this joke of a website for way too long. It hasn't improved since its inception. In fact I'm so sick of it, I'm going to stop buying the magazine.

Can't people at whf realise how bad this site is? Dismal.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If they remove the spam filter they need more hands on moderation (more mods, 24/7 coverage). Why not 2-3 volunteer mods from the regulars? WHF staff will be admins and the forum militia will be mods. When WHF gets their regular things in order they can decide to keep or disassemble the militia. This is how every forum does it.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
If they remove the spam filter they need more hands on moderation ...

Nice theory but spammers - unlike a lot of actual forum members - have absolutely no problems with the filter. (Including posting live URL links etc.)

Not only that, but the staff have disabled the 'report' button on first posts (the actual spam content usually) so offenders can operate with impunity. Anyway, the 'report' function (where it is enabled) doesn't result in any action because it's either broken too, or simply not monitored.

D

Deleted member 2457

It's actually running quite good for me! I enjoy no mods too. *smile*. Since I've upgraded to the new Apple software, within reason everything runs great being honest.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
If they remove the spam filter they need more hands on moderation (more mods, 24/7 coverage). Why not 2-3 volunteer mods from the regulars? WHF staff will be admins and the forum militia will be mods. When WHF gets their regular things in order they can decide to keep or disassemble the militia. This is how every forum does it.

So, which regulars would you suggest should be moderators?

D

Deleted member 2457

lindsayt said:
Vladimir said:

Chebby, Plastic Penguin, Cno and BB.

gel said:
lindsayt said:
Vladimir said:

Holy cow! No way. I believe adults should be treated as such and have no desire to play cyber teacher.

I think this forum should dispense will all mods and have an automated yellow and red card system. If you get a red card, you are banned. *wacko*

D

Deleted member 2457

plastic penguin said:
gel said:
lindsayt said:
Vladimir said:

Holy cow! No way. I believe adults should be treated as such and have no desire to play cyber teacher.

I think this forum should dispense will all mods and have an automated yellow and red card system. If you get a red card, you are banned. *wacko*

Sounds good to me.

D

Deleted member 2457

steve_1979 said:
gel said:
I wish people could click on my links though.

If you past a link into the text box it doesn't work.

You need to click on the link button at the top and paste it into the widnow that appears.

Ah cheers, I will give it a shot. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS