What HiFi Bloggers Choice 2024? - Name Your Five HIFi Budget Killers?

Jasonovich

I want to do my bit for the HiFi novice, who really don't want to spend a great deal of money on HiFi but want to make the biggest impact on a budget. What would be your personal recommendation and you're limited to five only.
My selction is based on buyers budget of £1500

Here's my selection, Bloggers Choice 2024

• Amplifier - Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier - Black £349​
  • Stream / DAC - WiiM Ultra Music Streamer & Digital Preamp £349
  • Speakers - Dali SPEKTOR 6 Floorstanding Speakers £299!!!!! (Peter Tyson Price)
  • CD Player - Denon DCD-600NE CD Player £259
  • Headphone Amp - XDUOO TA-66 Tube Head Amp £219 (use Denon Amp tape recorder output or WiiM output)

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I want to do my bit for the HiFi novice, who really don't want to spend a great deal of money on HiFi but want to make the biggest impact on a budget. What would be your personal recommendation and you're limited to five only.
My selction is based on buyers budget of £1500

Here's my selection, Bloggers Choice 2024

• Amplifier - Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier - Black £349​
  • Stream / DAC - WiiM Ultra Music Streamer & Digital Preamp £349
  • Speakers - Dali SPEKTOR 6 Floorstanding Speakers £299!!!!! (Peter Tyson Price)
  • CD Player - Denon DCD-600NE CD Player £259
  • Headphone Amp - XDUOO TA-66 Tube Head Amp £219 (use Denon Amp tape recorder output or WiiM output)
You've found some bargain speakers there Jason, helping to keep your price down.
(I bet they're what made you think about the best value components to go with them).

The novice might find the offer ended when he comes to buy, so I'm going to go for some alternative speakers - with a regular value price - and I'll choose floorstanders too, to avoid the extra expense of stands.

Wiim Ultra £349
2x Fosi V3 Monoblocks with 2x 48v PSU £300
Wharfedale 12.3 £500 (though a mate got Richer to match a £450 price he found)
Tascam CD200 CDP £208 (from CPC)

Total £1400 includes £43 for cables.
That's the same price I paid for my current amp alone (sort of makes me wish I was the newbie, just starting out)

If he can convert all his CDs to FLAC and do without the CDP, he's down to £1192.

If he can do without a streamer display, Pro plus instead of Ultra, takes him down to £1062.
Bet that lot gives a much better sound than most of us started out with, and maybe better than we've got 🤪

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts