What Hi Fi team - Boston, Jamo, KEF, Mission or Teufel?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Had about decided on buying The Jamo A102 package for £229 then a bit more cash became available and now its back to indecision! They have to be small speakers, so my other choices are, The Mission M-Cube £549, these are right at the top of my budget.Or The KEF KHT1005.2 £399, ( BOSTON SOUNDWARE XS £329, jamo A102 or the Teufal Motiv 3 £399,) I know you did a recent test with the three in brackets, but would the Kefs or the missions be a better option or stick with one of the 3 in your test.

A

Anonymous

Richer sounds have a clearance bargin of Kef 2005.3 for £399, which would be a step up within budget.

Shop around and you may be able to pick up bargins, remember end of lines doesnt not always mean lower quality.

A

Anonymous

Also

Roy Jowett have an offer on for QA Q2000 5.1 for £494 and they would blow away most the list. Full 5 star product and £50 to spare for cables.

Keep your eyes peeled and 15 mins internet reasearch can bag you a bargin

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
scott1:
Also

Roy Jowett have an offer on for QA Q2000 5.1 for £494 and they would blow away most the list. Full 5 star product and £50 to spare for cables.

Indeed, but the OP makes a particular point about needing small speakers...

A

Anonymous

Good point and the QA are a bit bigger in real life than pictures indicate.

S ;-)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply, looks like the missions are the ones if i can stay focused on them, the girlfriend is sick of hearing about them. First there was the dilema over what amp to buy and for the last month its been what speakers to buy. It may be a bad way of eliminating speakers but they have to be black so the Kef 2005.3 for £399 are out, great price if they were black i would have snapped them up.

A

Anonymous

One last thing had a look on your site and cant seem to find a review for the Mission M-cubes, is there one?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've certainly reviewed (and highly rated) them in the past; the review's probably got dropped off for being so old. I'll see if I can resurrect it...

EDIT - Found it; will republish it shortly and post link here.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for digging out that review, raises a couple of questions though. 1st if all the speakers are connected to the sub will the amps auto calibration work? If not can u wire the sats to the amp directly, will that alter anything? ie. is there any risk of damaging the speakers? If you use the sats attached to the sub then to the amp will the ambillicle carry full Hi Def audio to all the speakers?

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have a link to the clearance Kef's on RicherSounds website, I can't see them :-(

Thanks,

Ian

A

Anonymous

eremis6:Thanks for digging out that review, raises a couple of questions though. 1st if all the speakers are connected to the sub will the amps auto calibration work? If not can u wire the sats to the amp directly, will that alter anything? ie. is there any risk of damaging the speakers? If you use the sats attached to the sub then to the amp will the ambillicle carry full Hi Def audio to all the speakers? Anyone have any info on the above?

A

Anonymous

Does anyone out there have the mission m-cubes. Any thoughts on the above question?

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I looked at the M-Cubes at one point before I got my speakers.

I'm pretty sure the amplifiers setup will still work, and I also think it is possible to connect the speakers directly to the amp if you want.

However I would double check as it's a while ago, but I seem to remember I found out what I needed to know on the web.

A

Anonymous

Thanks will have a look on the web see what i can dig up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts