Speaker package to match Yamaha RX-V667

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Having purchased a Yamaha RX-V667 receiver earlier this year, I am now looking to upgrade my current 2.0 system (a pair of Mission M73 floorstands) to a 5.1 system.

'The Wife' hates big speakersvso the paramount condition for being allowed to purchase new speakers is that they must be wall mounted and look unobtrusive.

I really like the look of the KEF T305s and the current 20% trade-in discount offer makes them (just about) affordable. Are these recommended and when listening to music how will they compare to my current Missions?

I have also considered the Yamaha YSP-5100 soundbar. It would be good not to have to have rear speakers but do they really work?

At the cheaper end of the budget maybe the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS or Mission M-Cube?

Ultimately, will any of the above packages sound as good as my current Missions do with 2 channel music? The last thing I want to do is downgrade on quality - I'd rather stick with what I've got and save the money.

Oh, and adding a 5.1 setup AND keeping the Missions is not an option the wife will allow!

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If your sights are on the KEFs I'm guessing your budget to be around 1400-1600.

It might be a struggle to get anything looking quite as good, but something from Monitor Audio might work.

For your proposed spend the R90HD10 or R90HD12 might be of interest. The R90s are so well built (it's almost like they've been carved rather than assembled) and can be wall mounted with supplied brackets or also have their own very nice stands. I have a pair as rears with my 667.

There may be other options but MA is as far as my experience goes with the 667. However despite it's price its far from being a budget amp and I've no doubt it could match well to even more expensive speakers.

As ever, your own ears will be the best judge, but demoing can be hard unless its in your own surroundings and in the conditions it will be used by you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts