Sattelite speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I am fairly new in audio-land and looking to improve my televsion/film surround experience, but also want to be able to listen to quality music. On top of that, my girlfriend wants to keep the size of the speakers in our living room to an absolute minimum :-( so I was considering to buy a receiver (type to be decided) with a set of sattelite speakers with subwoofer. The budget is appr. GBP 700,- Browsing on the internet for the past three days I came across the following sets that came out quite well in the reviews on whathifi:
  • Boston Acoustics Soundware XS
  • Teufel Motiv 3
  • Jamo A102HCS5
  • B&W MT-25
  • KEF KHT1005.2
I realize that I will have to go and listen in a shop myself to make the ultimate decision, but since I live in Italy and do not fully master the language yet, I'd like to see if I can get some user experiences here, or tips to make the decision easier.

Thank a lot! Jur

A

Anonymous

You could go for some leema xeros as they are tiny and are still great with music.

I have them through my stereo amp and the sky box connected to that. I have a little dac in between the sky box and the amp that makes it sound better. You could add a sub to that and hey presto a great sound and small speakers to keep the lady happy. (I had to do the same as you)

A

Anonymous

hi, i've just purchased a onkyo 608 and qaccoustics 2000 cinema system. they sound amazing to me for films and the varied range of music we listen too. they both came in around £900 total so not too much over your budget. One of the key factors was the size of the speakers, these are approx h20cm x w15cm x d20cm. The can be easily "hidden" either on brackets or on sheves/bookcases without looking like they take up all the room!

good luck, steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts