WHAT HI-FI ? SAMSUNG UE46C5800 Anyone Know this TV?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I know its only 50hz and dont plan top game or watch sports, maybe the 6 nations, but mainly movies.

Why is this TV 600.00 but current LED'S are over 1000.00.

Can someone shed some light.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

I have the same question. It has 50Hz but samsung quotes 100CMR and (!!!) 150CMR which as they say it is equivalent to other tvs with 100 or 150hz. Dont ask how and why.

I have actually seen this tv (the 40'' version) and to be honest i liked the colours including the black (or dark blue even..) .It is also really thin and stunning to look at. The only thing that i dont know is how the tv is performing in sports etc. where the 100hz samsung lcd LE46C652 seems to be handling very good.

But for some strange reason i am leaning towards Panasonic's plasma P42G20 which has 600hz and 5m:1 contrast and with real colors but still 4'' less and bulkier...

A

Anonymous

Well got it narrowed down to this:

Sasmung LE46C650 and the 750 version, which only difference is 3d, which I dont care about.

Have you seen this TV in action, whats it like, as I cant see it anywere in the shops.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Sorry to push, but going to pull the trigger after work and would like to know if anyone knows about this TV.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I went to John Lewis they have the 40 inch on display. I was really impressed overall but again i didnt see in in fast movement action. The LE46C650 gives you the 3D feeling because of the 100Hz which i dont remember to experience on the 5800 although it wasnt playing a movie.. I am really not helping. Test the motion in fast scenes and if that's on for you juts get it.

LE46C650 is nice and has it all but it is bulkier and feels old(er). Good luck and dont forget to tell us with what you ended up with !

PS : Let me know of the price as well ! I think the best i found it 650 on ebay.

A

Anonymous

Thanks BB.

Been doing more research and looks like no internet TV.

So maybe back to the LE46C650 or LE46C750, But looks like I dont really care about 3D, so maybe the LE46C650 then.

Seen the 750 in john lewis which is the same screen as the 650 and could not really see any difference between that and the 1800.00 sony HX series,

A

Anonymous

Trust me after seeing this TV well the 750 model, and also seeing a review: wont put a link, but it was very thourough with black levels labeled amazing and contrast tests colour levels, and more than I would understand and for 690.00, you cant say no can you...

Yup I am going to do it, the 650 it is, Going to costco after work before I get the card out, and if nothing there, its on the internet tonight.

A

Anonymous

Ok I finally decided.

Seen the C650 in costco with a 5 year for 800.00 even and it was beside the 7000 LED, and I could not see the difference .

God knows how this set has not got TV of the year, or decade. blacks were blacker than black. and colours were the same as the 1300.00 LED, they both have pretty much all the same tech inside. but the 650 is not 3D, Which I dont care about anyway, it gives me a headache watching it.

But.... I can get the 650.00 for like 680.00 on-line, should I save the 120.00 and forego the 5 year?

I am sure by next year or the year after I will want something else.

Cheers for the help all

A

Anonymous

go for the one without the warranty if its £120 cheaper. if anything goes wrong with it you are still covered by law for up to 6 years i think. and as you say you're unlikely to have it for more than two years. i had last years model, the b650, for a few weeks and thought it was very good btw, and yes this newer model gets great reviews, some say it actually performs better than the led models. good choice imo.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Max

There seems to be some HOO HAA about the screen on this C650.

Some say there is a difference between an...... A SCREEN, C SCREEN AND S SCREEN which the S screen is done by samsung the others are not.

The one I seen in costco was simply breath taking, and I have been looking at about 100 screen so far, and this is the same as the NX and HX series of the sony.. Far better than the G20, and even looked better than the V and VT20 series.

I cant see how this screen is so cheap, 680.00 delivered.

I just found out as well, I am with natwest, and I have a gold account and I can phone up and add the serial number to my bank, and they will give me an extra 1 year warranty on my screen, which is amazing.

My modo is, if nothing goes wrong in the first year or two, your good to go.

A

Anonymous

@canada16

Dont you think that the colors and especially the black on G20 or higher panasonic are better? From what i have noticed is that on LCD and LED LCD's you get a really dark blue for black which of course you dont realise until you put something black next to it. I was at John Lewis and there was a black and white scene on the BBC HD they were shoing and it was only the plasmas tha actually were showing the truw black and white and the rest lcds had blueish shades.

Picturewise I would go for the G20 (or maybe higher if i had the monies) but with all these issues surrounding plasmas and panasonic especially i am not going to touch them and probably end up with the same tv you ended up with which is really a great tv overall! Write us a review when you get some time with it because i need to sell the one i got now before i go on with the purchuse and i dont see that happening soon....

A

Anonymous

If you can see blue-ish, I cant. I could not beleive the back level on this LCD.

I have a budget 1080p LG that looks washed out, and that looks grey, but this was so black, if was like looking into a black hole of nothingness.

I am ordering today, so should have something up next week.

Thanks everyone for your help.

PS, I seen this TV with the G20 and V series, and this blew it out of the water, sorry to say, and seen them all side by side in john lewis

A

Anonymous

Canada, the reason why the samsung led TV's black look so good is because they use an auto dimming back light (that can't be turned off)When the picture detects a dark scene it turns the backlight off.

This generally is not noticeable in showroom conditions, but when in a full darkened room it is (to me) noticeable, in fact I had to return my 46B7000 last year.

I think it's a personal thing whether it effects you or not, but in scenes where the shot was dark and then a flash of light for example comes on the screen, it is very noticeable that the whole light level lifts.

This is how samsung led's manage to match plasma blacks, but it's not a constant level, it will continually raise and lower in reaction to the content. This is why IMO plasmas are better if you view your movies in near complete darkness.

A

Anonymous

Uhm I did not know that, but for 700.00 for this TV and what you get it seems a steal.

A

Anonymous

there's no auto dimming with the c650. only on the edge led samsungs..

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:there's no auto dimming with the c650. only on the edge led samsungs..

I was looking at the 5800, but I would be surprised if the c650 did not use the technology also!

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:maxflinn:there's no auto dimming with the c650. only on the edge led samsungs..

I was looking at the 5800, but I would be surprised if the c650 did not use the technology also!

i don't think it does mark as it's got standard ccfl lighting. i'm pretty sure the samsung auto dimming is only used with their led sets.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure either to be honest, does look like a great spec for the price though.

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:I'm not sure either to be honest, does look like a great spec for the price though.

aye, it seems to be the samsung equivalent of the lg50pk350. better than some of its more highly specced stablemates yet somehow cheaper
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

What about the absolute madness of these forums with the lg 50pk350? i have audition it numerous time and i never understood why it is so highly recommended! The black is not very black, the colours (at least at standard mode) look washed out and missing punch but yes i can agree the price is outstanding! but for 100£ more or less you get the pk590 which looks miles better . I have seen them side by side on same picture mode and the 590 has better black and much more vibrant colors! I wouldn't consider the 350 at any time because i feel it has a bad PQ imo ofcourse but i am keep reading about it everywhere and getting very high reviews. But even the 590 is no match for pana G20 but you have to lose 8" so you can get it on the same price.

Apologies for being off topic.

LE46C650 looks like the best choice on this price level indeed and i hope i can sell my 32" Sony and get one for myself!

A

Anonymous

aristomenis:
What about the absolute madness of these forums with the lg 50pk350? i have audition it numerous time and i never understood why it is so highly recommended! The black is not very black, the colours (at least at standard mode) look washed out and missing punch but yes i can agree the price is outstanding! but for 100£ more or less you get the pk590 which looks miles better . I have seen them side by side on same picture mode and the 590 has better black and much more vibrant colors! I wouldn't consider the 350 at any time because i feel it has a bad PQ imo ofcourse but i am keep reading about it everywhere and getting very high reviews. But even the 590 is no match for pana G20 but you have to lose 8" so you can get it on the same price.

Apologies for being off topic.

LE46C650 looks like the best choice on this price level indeed and i hope i can sell my 32" Sony and get one for myself!
there are two things different between the pk350 and pk590. the latter has freeview hd and thx mode. that's it. other than that they are identical.

A

Anonymous

If you can twick the screen to be as the 590 yes thats a hell of a bargain! but the standard picture quality is bad. Now you made me thinking again but still a 50'' is quite big for my living room.... or isnt? Cheers.

A

Anonymous

aristomenis:If you can twick the screen to be as the 590 yes thats a hell of a bargain! but the standard picture quality is bad. Now you made me thinking again but still a 50'' is quite big for my living room.... or isnt? Cheers.

i don't agree. my pk350 had an excellent picture with very little tweaking, not far off the panasonic v20, ok it's blacks are not as deep, but it does motion much better. it isn't hard to get a great picture, just use the picture wizard as i done
emotion-21.gif

and colours are very very good btw..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts