What Headphone amp?

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
I want a seperate headphone amp, to by-pass my main amp. And able to recieve two inputs. I also need it to be remote control.
I do not have DAC or indeed anything invented this century. But I do need your advice. My cans are DENON AH-D7200.
And most importantly, I want balance control. My budget in is around the £500 mark.
Theres no hurry as I usually take two months to come to a decision.
Thanks all. IAN.

Reactions: oldie

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
O.K. If I leave it until Xmas, you can suggest a budget of say £1,000. or nearabouts.
I bought my amp, Yamaha 701, on a tight budget, and now I'm sorry.

Jasonovich

I want a seperate headphone amp, to by-pass my main amp. And able to recieve two inputs. I also need it to be remote control.
I do not have DAC or indeed anything invented this century. But I do need your advice. My cans are DENON AH-D7200.
And most importantly, I want balance control. My budget in is around the £500 mark.
Theres no hurry as I usually take two months to come to a decision.
Thanks all. IAN.
I see no point in having remote control for a headamp, not unless you're want a wireless output or you want to use it as a preamp.
£1K budget for Xmas should get you a decent headamp.
Ok the caveat and a big spoonful of bias, I have class A Singxer SA1 headamp and love it, wouldn't part with it. Just love the tonality, vocals just come alive.
It doesn't come with remote but has balanced inputs (XLR) and outputs (XLR, 6.3 and 4.2 jacks)
Worth considering but check also the WHF reviews.

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
No-no, I am genuine. I just come along twice a week. The recomendation for the Topping, looks good so far.
As I said, I will not jump on the first idea immediately, but will bide my time. Thank you both, I mean Doug + Jason,
for pushing me in the right direction. If I buy the A90D, soon, I will be able to buy a decent soundbar in the January sales.
CHEERS. (hic)....

Jasonovich

No-no, I am genuine. I just come along twice a week. The recomendation for the Topping, looks good so far.
As I said, I will not jump on the first idea immediately, but will bide my time. Thank you both, I mean Doug + Jason,
for pushing me in the right direction. If I buy the A90D, soon, I will be able to buy a decent soundbar in the January sales.
CHEERS. (hic)....
My apologies, welcome to the forum Ian :sneaky: (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts