What free Panasonic blurays am i entitled to and how do i claim them?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I just have a question regarding the free bluray movie offer from Panasonic as i bought a DMP - BDT310 bluray player and TXP - 42GT30 plasma tv at the weekend from Richer Sounds. When i purchased the player i was told by the salesman in store that i could claim 3 free Star Wars blurays which i was aware of through the article a few days back on the WHF news section but when i done a little research the 4 3d blurays (including Avatar 3d) offer either seems to still be running or just finished depending on where you go for the info so could anyone please tell me if i am entitled to just the Star Wars blurays or the full 7 blurays as i can't find a definitive answer online even from the Panasonic website as they are just advertising the free Star Wars movies.

I know the player i bought qualifies for the deal it's just a case of what i can claim and if possible could you also tell me how i go about claiming the 4 3d movies if i'm eligable as i can only find a link to download the Star Wars movies claim form.

Many thanks in advance, Oldboy.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

If you go to this page:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/Home+Entertainment/Overview/286721/index.html#anker_286721

you will see both offers. Click to download each voucher then send them away with the necessary documentation. Viola.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Edit: Your BDP qualifies for both offers but you are attempting to claim 2 different offers using only one qualifying product. You'll have to choose one of the offers.

Edit II (No Hope): Seems you have to purchase from an authorised dealer and if you use the search function on the site, Richer Sounds aren't listed as authorised dealers but they (RS) are advertising you can claim 7 free discs...

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks to you both for your replies.

I've printed off the two claim forms and sent them off with a copy of my receipt and have my fingers crossed that both claims are honoured...i didn't notice Richer Sounds had changed the details of the offer and you are right they are saying i'm entitled to both offers as a quick phone call to them confirmed. The 4 3d movie offer expires at the end of this month and the Star Wars offer started the day before i purchased the player, i read the small print and it seems that i don't have to choose which offer i go for as it just states one claim per household for each offer.

Hopefully i have been lucky with my timing and receive both offers...i didn't notice that Richer Sounds is not an authorised Panasonic dealer so that concerns me as it's a clear way for Panasonic to not honour the deal, i guess only time will tell but i've got my fingers crossed that i receive both offers! If they try to query my claim i will point them to the advertising on the Richer Sounds website and see what they say about that as it blatantly states that it's a 7 bluray offer but i'm jumping the gun a little as i only posted the forms off today.

Once again many thanks for the help it's much appreciated as always.

Best regards, Oldboy :cheers:

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Oldboy,

The Panasonic terms & conditions state:

1. To qualify for your copy of Star Wars Trilogy IV, V and VI Blu-ray Discs, you must purchase one of the selected Panasonic Blu-ray players, recorders or Blu-ray Home Theatre Systems, from an authorised Panasonic UK dealer

and:

10. Only one claim per Blu-ray player, recorder or Home Theatre System can be made.

The advertising on the RS www site is an issue for RS and not Panasonic. If your claim is not honoured and if RS indeed are authorised Panasonic dealers you can query Panasonic but if they aren't, it's RS you need to talk to.

I sincerely hope you are lucky enough to receive both offers but if the Panasonic www is correct I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We fully expect all of our customers to receive both promotions during the qualifying dates. The promotions do and can run concurrently - the 5YG on TV's for instance has run alongide free players. The free player in turn qualified for free discs.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre said:
We fully expect all of our customers to receive both promotions during the qualifying dates. The promotions do and can run concurrently - the 5YG on TV's for instance has run alongide free players. The free player in turn qualified for free discs.

Many thanks Nick (strange, we share the same name)

That's how i read the t&c's of both offers, the small print only states that you can receive the movies per one player for each offer and says nothing about it not being in conjunction with any other offer. I've emailed Panasonic this morning for clarification but i can find nothing to suggest my player doesn't qualify for both offers except for maybe Richer Sounds not being a recognised retailer for the promotion.

It seems that the limit is just one claim per offer and not dependant on having bought two qualifying products, that's how i read the conditions anyway but it may well turn out that Cofnchtr is right in thinking both offers don't apply to my purchase, hopefully i will get a reply from Panasonic UK soon and be able to get a definitive answer which i will post.

Many thanks to you both.

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't sure if i was going to mention this as I haven't stopped being furious yet. I also bought a new BDT-310 a few weeks ago with the aim of getting the Avatar 3D disc. I filled in the online paperwork and the online store appeared in their shortlist. I mailed in the original receipt and waited eagerly for the movie to arrive. Then last week or so I received an email saying the seller was not on their autzhorized list!!! The email was a typical noreply@panasonic.... address, so I have no idea whom to write to to complain and vent my frustrtaion at being treated this way.

Having also just bought a new 50VT30 I was feeling very pro Panasonic. Not so right now. I feel cheated and short changed by their antics. I also need my original receipt backt hat they demanded for the offer and that has also not been forthcoming.

VERY dissapointed to say the least. Having spent around 2k for my TV, BluRay player and cables etc... I didn't think it was I who was being cheap. Shame on you Panasonic.

Sorry for the rant, but that's how I feel right now.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
TnA200 said:
I wasn't sure if i was going to mention this as I haven't stopped being furious yet. I also bought a new BDT-310 a few weeks ago with the aim of getting the Avatar 3D disc. I filled in the online paperwork and the online store appeared in their shortlist. I mailed in the original receipt and waited eagerly for the movie to arrive. Then last week or so I received an email saying the seller was not on their autzhorized list!!! The email was a typical noreply@panasonic.... address, so I have no idea whom to write to to complain and vent my frustrtaion at being treated this way.

Having also just bought a new 50VT30 I was feeling very pro Panasonic. Not so right now. I feel cheated and short changed by their antics. I also need my original receipt backt hat they demanded for the offer and that has also not been forthcoming.

VERY dissapointed to say the least. Having spent around 2k for my TV, BluRay player and cables etc... I didn't think it was I who was being cheap. Shame on you Panasonic.

Sorry for the rant, but that's how I feel right now.

No apology needed, i can understand your frustration entirely!

This is exactly what i expect to happen with my claim but i've filled out the forms anyway just on the off chance that i get lucky but i never included my original receipt, i sent in copies which is where you went wrong and the t&c's of the offer state that no receipts can be returned which is why they ask for copies and not the originals. It also states that no online entries will be accepted so i find it very interesting that you were able to apply online as i found no option to do this.

As for complaining do what i intend to do if i'm rejected and go to the Panasonic UK website and go to the support page where you can email them and also phone to complain as the more you complain the better. I'm in the same boat as you as i've spent just over £1100 on my tv and bluray player and as my retailer is advertising that i'm entitled to 7 blurays someone will be coughing up that's for sure, be it Richer Sounds or Panasonic UK.

I totally agree with you that when it comes to your claim Panasonic should cough up...shame on you Panasonic!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
This is simple to sort and your dealer should be able to take care of all of this for you . They can also issue you with another receipt.

Interesting, Nick, are you saying that the dealer should be able to sort out the rejected claim from Panasonic then? As my retailer is advertising 7 free blurays when buying the BDT310 i expect my claim to be honoured but if not would i be correct in going back to Richer Sounds for help in getting my claim fulfilled if i'm rejected?

Just want to arm myself with as much info as possible just in case i'm rejected.

Many thanks.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I asked the question on the Panasonic Facebook www page and got an answer from Panasonic stating that both offers were available for one player as long as bought between both the qualifying dates.

WTG Oldboy. 7 discs.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Cofnchtr said:
Hi,

I asked the question on the Panasonic Facebook www page and got an answer from Panasonic stating that both offers were available for one player as long as bought between both the qualifying dates.

WTG Oldboy. 7 discs.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Thank you very much for taking the time out to ask them via facebook, i don't use it so i had no idea they had a facebook page! I can't thank you enough for clearing that up as i've yet to receive an answer from them after i emailed them...just hope i get all the discs now.

Many thanks again Cofnchtr :cheers:

Best regards, Oldboy.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Oldboy said:
This is simple to sort and your dealer should be able to take care of all of this for you . They can also issue you with another receipt.

Interesting, Nick, are you saying that the dealer should be able to sort out the rejected claim from Panasonic then? As my retailer is advertising 7 free blurays when buying the BDT310 i expect my claim to be honoured but if not would i be correct in going back to Richer Sounds for help in getting my claim fulfilled if i'm rejected?

Just want to arm myself with as much info as possible just in case i'm rejected.

Many thanks.

Every dealer will have a different way of dealing with this situation. If they are advertising as an authorised dealer ( and they actually are ) then a quick call to Panasonic should rectify the problem as it is more than likely a clerical error. If they are advertising as an authorised dealer and they are not then that should be a quick conversation. I am sure Richer Sounds will be more than happy to help - their track record on Customer Service is very strong.

A

Anonymous

I've been following this thread with interest, I'm picking up a 310 tomorrow morning from my dealer, and he also tells ms I can claim all 7!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks Nick for clearing that up, it's really appreciated. I did check the Richer Sounds website and they are indeed advertising themselves as an authorised Panasonic dealer so i'm more hopeful now that the deal will be honoured, if not then at least i have some ammunition with which to challenge the decision so thank you very much for your assistance :cheers:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
markjaspi said:
I've been following this thread with interest, I'm picking up a 310 tomorrow morning from my dealer, and he also tells ms I can claim all 7!

Don't forget to get your claim forms in quickly if you want all 7 discs, the deal for the 4 3D films finishes at the end of this month although i beleive claims can be sent in up to Sept 11th when the Star Wars offer takes over. You have to buy a qualifying product by the 31st and have sent the form in with proof of purchase by Sept 11th...if my memory serves me correctly, hope you get all 7 discs.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Well contrary to some peoples opinion my 4 free 3d blurays arrived yesterday :bounce: with the postman! I got Avatar which was really the only one i wanted tbh but the rest are of course welcome additions when i paid nothing for them except of course Animals United which looks like it will be poor at best but at least i can test out the various degrees of 3d on each disc and see how each film deals with it (when i eventually get the 3d glasses that are still owed to me).

So i now expect to receive the Star Wars original trilogy when it's released this month as i used exactly the same methods to apply for both offers which will be really welcome so it seems Richer Sounds are included in the deals after all which is a result.

A

Anonymous

I got my free 4 discs in the post also this week, but I'm also waiting on my free 2 pairs of glasses. Come on Panasonic get your act together!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Good news that you got your discs too!

It's not Panasonic to blame for the 3d glasses as they are readily available elsewhere on the web, it's down to the dealers who should have expected a large uptake of the 2 free pairs offer and ordered accordingly. Where did you go for your GT30? I went to Richer Sounds and was promised i would not be waiting for more than a month for them....the month will be up next week and still no contact so i don't expect to receive them anytime soon.

I was told at the store that they knew of no retailers who even had them in stock, however, a quick search online threw up alot of retailers within a 10 mile radius that did have them in stock.

A

Anonymous

I ordered mine from what used to be Audio-T, now part of SSAV, and your probably right it's the dealers fault, but they tell it's because Panasonic recent changed the glasses from the ones with the gaps down the side. I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks now, but I'm told I'm top of the list (they have 60 pairs on order). He did say I could borrow theirs over the weekends, but I can't be bothered going into the city centre.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Lol i nearly bought my GT30 from SSAV but they were out of stock at the time...glad i didn't in the end as i saved £50 by going to Richers. Hmmm maybe i was harsh to criticise Richers then if there has been a change in design from Panasonic but i wasn't aware that was the case, does seem strange that all they would do is change a gap in the side of them but then i can see how that may affect the 3d effect of the glasses and perhaps cause you to see things out of the corner of your eye which could be distracting.

Fingers crossed that Panasonic get the new glasses out soon but again i'm not holding my breath, that was a nice gesture from your retailer though.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Update:

It seems you are indeed correct as this article on the Panasonic website shows that a new series of glasses are to be released in europe this month (september) so i guess this is what the hold up is with retailers:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/News/Latest+News/World%E2%80%99s+Lightest+3D+Active-Shutter+Glasses/8051623/index.html#anker_8051626

The good news is that the new glasses should be superior in design and weight to the previous ones and provide a better 3d experience, here's hoping, so perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel at some point this month :pray:

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Oldboy, I followed up on your suggestion and looked up the support pages on Panasonics website. No email address, so I faxed their head of marketing with a few well chosen words explaining the situation and my displeasure...

Lo and behold this last week a 3D BluRay of Avatar and my receipt arrived in the post! So I guess writing to the people concerned (if you can find their contact information!!!) can sometimes have a positive result.

So last night I finally sat down and played with my new TV's and BD players 3D settings. Must say it took me a while to figure out the 3D setting in the BD player had to be set to Side by Side and not HDTV! Then watched a few scenes of Avatar, in 3D. :)

So success to this story at least. Thanks all for your helpful comments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts