What are your album(s) of the day regardless of format??

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Maybe I should also give that one more time...I was pretty disappointed with it.....love alligator and boxer though.

Yes, do so... some people think it's their best so far, not sure I'd go that far though... I love High Violet and Trouble will find me

Been getting into Fleet Foxes last album too, Crack-Up, now I do think that is their best.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Eivor - Live , on Cd

This album is just superb and the recording quality is amazing.

Her vocal range is absolutely astonishing !

https://open.spotify.com/album/7qp1YdfDkFK0XYVVNXuGVe?si=uU7rN4QUSlGUGuZBmqn3zQ

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Kettel and Secede - When Can .

This is a unique recording by two electronic music artists of differering styles that has created something that is much more than the sum of it's parts.

I had to order this rare Cd from Japan at a cost of £32 and I only recieved it yesterday , but it was really worth the wait !

Spotify does not really do it justice as the Cd sounds so much better .

If you like this type of music then give it a listen.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2mANlKojd9iBsZTagng5sm?si=ocoJinFLSTC7QuGLuqSPNg

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Electro said:
Eivor - Live , on Cd

This album is just superb and the recording quality is amazing.

Her vocal range is absolutely astonishing !

https://open.spotify.com/album/7qp1YdfDkFK0XYVVNXuGVe?si=uU7rN4QUSlGUGuZBmqn3zQ

I have been listening to her a lot recently and would agree - it's a superb album.

Karine Polwart and Pippa Murphy A pocket of wind resistance

I've been listening to this album the past few weeks and it takes me on a roller coaster ride of emotion,with both song and narrative it might not be to all tastes...it is a folk album and I did mention it on the folk music thread but I believe it deserves a place in the album of the day..but you do need to listen right the way through and take the album as a whole.....I think it could be my album of last year https://open.spotify.com/album/4Qet86917RmdNrEpjCqolZ?si=2ChRmM_zQtOh3y5Bbli6_w

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Karine Polwart and Pippa Murphy A pocket of wind resistance

I've been listening to this album the past few weeks and it takes me on a roller coaster ride of emotion,with both song and narrative it might not be to all tastes...it is a folk album and I did mention it on the folk music thread but I believe it deserves a place in the album of the day..but you do need to listen right the way through and take the album as a whole.....I think it could be my album of last year www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
South of heaven - slayer, slightly battered vinyl through an old awia turntable that looks like those audio thechnica usb ones

dissident aggressor cover, love those bass drum stereo sweeps

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday's album of the day,
Bob Dylan, modern times.
First time i heard it, a year ago, wasn't too keen. Yesterday in car, loved it. Played twice. And once this morning (not in car).

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:

This is a unique recording by two electronic music artists of differering styles that has created something that is much more than the sum of it's parts.

I had to order this rare Cd from Japan at a cost of £32 and I only recieved it yesterday , but it was really worth the wait !

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Electro said:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2mANlKojd9iBsZTagng5sm?si=ocoJinFLSTC7QuGLuqSPNg

id second that as your recommendation to me of this album a while back. One of the most engaging, unusual, original, melodic albums of last year that I heard, if you are open minded and like laid back downtempo electronic and ambient stuff. A real experimentation album and probably Genreless. Brilliant. The tryshala album is good too by one of the members. Can’t remember if kettle or secede. Strangely I was looking for the CD too.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Matchbox 20 - yourself or someone like you.
I used to love this album. Must have heard it near 100 times. Haven't listened to it for about a year. Still sounds bloomin amazing. Seems to be recorded pretty well too.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Kettel - MYAM James 2 .

An album of electronic rhythms and lovelyness to raise the spirit .

https://open.spotify.com/album/2NQXT3dfTEqsGFPXed7ivQ?si=Ouin7F9WTFuMmH_K93Hc6Q

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
BigH said:
Holly Arrowsmith - For The Weary Traveller

Not bad for a young singer/songwriter with no record contract, all self funded.

Really liking her music great tip, thanks. Have you heard Wildwood Kin? I saw them in Worthing last year as support for Ward Thomas I think you would like them.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Laurie Anderson: Life on a String.

Quite an oldie now, but the SQ is astonishing. Thunderous bass, a soundstage so three dimensional it defies the laws of physics, beautiful vocals and gorgeous melodies.

I wish more albums sounded this good......

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
AntAxon said:
BigH said:
Holly Arrowsmith - For The Weary Traveller

Not bad for a young singer/songwriter with no record contract, all self funded.

Really liking her music great tip, thanks. Have you heard Wildwood Kin? I saw them in Worthing last year as support for Ward Thomas I think you would like them.

Thanks, AntAxon, only just discovered her, glad you like her. Yes I think I heard Wildwood Kin last year, will have to try them again.

A new one to me today is "Rockingham by BJ Barham".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts