What are your album(s) of the day regardless of format??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
tonky said:
Cherry Red - from the Split album - superb

tonky

+1

The night that the Groundhogs appeared on Top Of The Pops playing Cherry Red ( really! ) back in 1971 changed my life for ever.

Bunked off school shortly after and went to HMV in Manchester and bought Split. Still play it to this day ( CD version now, my LP wore out years ago).

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
TOTP - attempted to showcase some of the progressive rock bands of the very early 70s. I remember them also showing Free - alright now, Jethro Tull - witches promise - teacher and Black Sabbath - paranoid. The Groundhogs were a little unfashionable - but Cherry Red was gritty rock at it's best!

I can remember headbanging to Uriah Heep's anthemic - Gypsy - around that time. Great times!. The music was raw, new and exciting!

As far as I know Pans People didn't dance to any of them - fortunately!

tonky

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
tonky said:
TOTP - attempted to showcase some of the progressive rock bands of the very early 70s. I remember them also showing Free - alright now, Jethro Tull - witches promise - teacher and Black Sabbath - paranoid. The Groundhogs were a little unfashionable - but Cherry Red was gritty rock at it's best!

I can remember headbanging to Uriah Heep's anthemic - Gypsy - around that time. Great times!. The music was raw, new and exciting!

As far as I know Pans People didn't dance to any of them - fortunately!

tonky

The thing is Free, Jethro Tull, and Black Sabbath were all acts with songs in the Top 20 at the time.

When they had The Groundhogs on it was a short lived attempt to showcase alternative acts, rather than chart acts. I believe King Crimson also got a spot too! The crying shame is that all the BBC tapes from those days have been wiped/lost/destoyed so never to be seen again.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Seasick Steve-Hubcap music

Opeth-Blackwater park

Barenaked ladies-Barenaked Ladies are me

Lacuna Coil-Karma code

Walfgang Amadeus Mozart-Mozart musical Materpieces

All played in flac (lossless) from my portable music player

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts