What are you watching?

Page 56 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
51ROYZXO0jL.jpg

Rush

minidisc apologist

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I just finished watching the last season of Boardwalk Empire and realised it's one of my fav shows of the past decade. So, not surprisingly, I got inspired to do some poster printing as a means of decorating my new flat (moved in last week). I'm going for a Chalky White pic since the season 4 was really his story (plus I've got an Omar poster so it'll be in good company).

2-1-shortpants.jpg

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Just watched the final episode of series 4 of Breaking Bad on Netflix. What a fantastic finale to the 4th series, I can't wait to watch series 5 now.

When Saul dismisses those FBI agents, brilliant stuff!

Breaking Bad truly is the most addictive series I've watched, certainly on a par with The Wire.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
grdunn123 said:
chebby said:

Is it worth buying the BD?

I assume you mean "is it worth buying the BD as opposed to the DVD version?".

If that's the case, then I don't know. I tend to buy the BD version of all new releases by default. There was only £4 difference.

If you mean *is it worth buying as a film?" then the answer is yes. Not a 'great movie' but certainly a good one and one I will probably watch at least a couple of times again. (Temper that comment with the fact that I have always loved Grand Prix and the 1971 - 1976 seasons made a great impression on me as a young boy.)

Of course a lot was left out. Hunt and Lauda were a lot better friends (off-track) than the film portrayed. (Lauda and Hunt actually shared a flat in London in the early days of their racing careers.)

But it's a film and not a documentary, and numerous reviews have already catalogued where real-life and movie differ. So I won't do it here.

If you know that period of Grand Prix really well, and you are a stickler for total accuracy in movies, then don't buy it. However, if you can put that aside and accept some interpretive license, the film's a good 'un.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Thought I'd give this slasher movie a try. Not normally into watching this genre, but seemed to get some good reviews in Lovefilm and elsewhere...

I really should not have bothered ! Such a load of rubbish.

The bit I liked most (SPOILER ALERT !!!!!) was when the family had just found mum in her bed with a machete in her forehead, they didn't seem to grasp the fact that the murderer might still be in the house.

If you want a good laugh, go for it.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Finished watching The Bridge II on Saturday. Really enjoyable series, it's just a shame that I now know how the baddie was in the first series, as I'd love to see that as well.

Roll on series 3.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Have now worked my way through all five series of Breaking Bad on Netflix, and have saved the final episode for tonight. Really enjoyed every minute of it, I hope the finale lives up to the rest of the shows.

D

Deleted member 2457

Metallica - Through The Never Blu-ray

So far so good. Picture and sound pretty fantastic! :rockout:

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Metallica - Through The Never Blu-ray

So far so good. Picture and sound pretty fantastic! :rockout:

I enjoyed the gig bit but didn't really understand the concept.

A pale imitation of the band I first saw in May 1990.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Finished watching The Bridge II on Saturday. Really enjoyable series, it's just a shame that I now know how the baddie was in the first series, as I'd love to see that as well.

Roll on series 3.

'Salamander', the Belgian crime drama that's being shown on BBC4 in the same slot is showing promise.... But ! agree re: Series 3!

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Roll on series 3.

'Salamander', the Belgian crime drama that's being shown on BBC4 in the same slot is showing promise.... But ! agree re: Series 3!

Not sure about Salamander, too many males and lacks the weird female.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Now that I've finished all 5 series of Breaking Bad, and wishing to take advantage of my Netflix subscription, I've started watching the US version of House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. Compelling viewing, due mainly to the exemplary performance and screen presence of Kevin Spacey himself. The role of Frank Underwood is made for him. I have great memories of the original BBC series from the 80's, which featured the equally great Ian Richardson in the main lead role.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Lost Angeles said:
Big Chris said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Roll on series 3.

Not sure about Salamander, too many males and lacks the weird female.

I'm not sure either, but I'm sticking with it. I do Miss Saga already though. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts