What are you watching?

Page 58 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
Gravity off Blu-Ray in 2D, not as good as watching at the cinema in 3D but still a very good film. The surround sound was perhaps the best we have had on our system.

Great film! I watched it early today though sadly not in 3D or with surround sound.

The special effects were very well done. It's probably the first time that the effects of momentum in zero gravity has ever been done properly in a space film. It's the subtle things like when she's floating just a few meters away from the Chinese space station near the end and she reaches it by throwing the fire extinguisher in the opposite direction to push her towards the station. Conservation of momentum in action.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
51jkoIdiXhL.jpg

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Thor: The Dark World. It's really lucky there was nothing else on at the time.

Stories We Tell next. Then The Selfich Giant, I think, though I have about four things to watch and quite a few on order, some to arrive any day, others preordered and due in a few months.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
richardw42 said:
Alec.

What did you think of Thor. ?

I had my doubts but watched it anyway.

Wish I hadn't bothered.

I thought there was some "cute" humour, but it did very little for me. I probably just shouldn't watch them, and I deliberately avoided it in the cinema as I had superhero fatigue. I'm not a fan of all the Elvish and Asgaard and people appearing to die but...I found the first quite fun but nothing more than a novelty, and this second one almost entirely unengaging. Is Thor's decison that he wants to spend more time with Jane a sign that we'll see less of Asgaard and more of Earth - and perhaps Thor's alter-ego - in future...?

I did watch most of the extras (I wanted my money's worth* before flogging it) and, whilst I wasn't a huge fan of the third Iron Man film, I found the Mandarin related Marvel "one shot" short better than Thor 2, and probably some other Marvel offerings.

* Fifteen whole pounds, but then I did get impatient for some reason and get it in a local supermarket rather than hunt for a cheap copy online. I think because I wanted to see it before I see the new Captain America.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I often forget Robert Blake's age. In fact, he was born while "talkies" were an emerging art form.

Perhaps because he looks relatively middle-aged in Lost Highway, I imagine he's younger than his current 80 years. (I'm not being ageist, since I'd struggle to define myself as young by any reasonable standards. Rather, I'm observing that Blake has aged remarkably well.)

It's probably best not to discuss Blake's marital history, especially in the context of In Cold Blood, book or film...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
I often forget Robert Blake's age. In fact, he was born while "talkies" were an emerging art form.

Perhaps because he looks relatively middle-aged in Lost Highway, I imagine he's younger than his current 80 years. (I'm not being ageist, since I'd struggle to define myself as young by any reasonable standards. Rather, I'm observing that Blake has aged remarkably well.)

It's probably best not to discuss Blake's marital history, especially in the context of In Cold Blood, book or film...

We watched our 'Capote' DVD again shortly before Philip Seymour Hoffman died and, as a result, I bought the book 'In Cold Blood'. I've been reading it intermittently since (almost finished) and decided to buy the 1967 film yesterday. (On the strength of a couple of YouTube clips that hinted at some beatiful black & white cinematography.)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel said:
Pawn Stars.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/austin-chumlee-russell-net-worth/

He may appear to be a fool, but he's obviously doing something right.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:
Pawn Stars.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/austin-chumlee-russell-net-worth/

He may appear to be a fool, but he's obviously doing something right.

No way! :O

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Just received my copies of The Way, Way Back (I had dismissed it but a friend who knows my tastes thought I'd like it), Series 1 of Line of Duty, and The Act of Killing.

Paul.

Last night I went to see the new Captain America movie and was pleasantly suprised. Significantly better than the first, if a little predictable.

When I got home, I had Frozen waiting for me on Bluray so I watched that too. Best Disney movie since Lion King methinks.

Yesterday was a good day :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts