What are you watching?

Page 57 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
81QViqLYgBL._SL1500_.jpg

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Wow, BIG PICS, Batman! Though I'm not really sure what he has to do with it.

I have just received my copies of the Lost Boys trilogy and that new Metallica thing.

EDIT - Um...did I make a boob? Is there the option to watch the Metallica concert in 2D?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
simonlewis said:

After seeing this in 3D at an IMAX theatre, I've been dying to get my hands on the Bluray release (even though I don't have a 3D projector. Having found out the audio is better specc'd on the German release, I ordered it, and it turned up today.

As much as I dislike 3D, I do wish I had the option as this is one film that really should be experienced in such a way, although despite the size of your screen, the 2.40:1 ratio robs a little of that "being there" feel in comparison to the full screen IMAX. Still a cracking film though.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
simonlewis said:
Paul. said:
Alec and Simonlewis, whats the verdict on through the never?

I thought the visuals and story were good although i'm not really into metallica.

If you are into metallica, then definatly worth a watch.

I haven't seen it yet, I think tomorrow will be the day. I just got it out of curiosity - I'm pretty much a hits only fan, and don't like 3D. I'm expecting little from the storyline.

Speaking of low expectations, mine were met by both Lost Boys sequels yesterday.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm continuing to watch Salamander on BBC4, and enjoying it.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Paul. said:
Alec and Simonlewis, whats the verdict on through the never?

As I suspected, I would've been quite happy with just the concert. And what was going on with that (second) guy on fire? Didn't they start doing that eaons ago?! Anyway, I would've preferred to see that whole song, and having "some amps" up there made no difference to me.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Finished watching Salamander last night, all in all, a really good series. Enjoyed it alot.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
HDTVfan said:
BenLaw said:
HDTVfan said:
Nosferatu ( Masters Of Cinema) Blu Ray. Superb.:dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LOOhc2eML4

Nice one, one of my favourites :)

Have you seen Shadow of the Vampire?

Not seen that one, any good?

I think it's fantastic, although I know not everyone agrees. In Malkovich and Dafoe it features two of my favourite actors. It's certainly a great companion piece to Nosferatu. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to watch it.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
BenLaw said:
HDTVfan said:
BenLaw said:
HDTVfan said:
Nosferatu ( Masters Of Cinema) Blu Ray. Superb.:dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LOOhc2eML4

Nice one, one of my favourites :)

Have you seen Shadow of the Vampire?

Not seen that one, any good?

I think it's fantastic, although I know not everyone agrees. In Malkovich and Dafoe it features two of my favourite actors. It's certainly a great companion piece to Nosferatu. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to watch it.

Nice one.:)

Do you have the Blu Ray?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts