What are you watching?

Page 55 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Watched the first two episodes of The Bridge II on BBC4 tonight.

I didn't see the first series, and it's quite obvious that seeing it would have been beneficial, if not vital in understanding just what is happening with the main male character.

I'm going to have to keep watching it now though, especially as I really like the black comedy served up by the main female character.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

I didn't see the first series, and it's quite obvious that seeing it would have been beneficial, if not vital in understanding just what is happening with the main male character.

I'm going to have to keep watching it now though, especially as I really like the black comedy served up by the main female character.

You really should watch the first series, it's excellent. Of course, now you know who the bad guy is.... :doh:

:)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Big Chris said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

You really should watch the first series, it's excellent. Of course, now you know who the bad guy is.... :doh:

I'll watch it in a few years time, I'll have forgotten my own name by then. :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I Was Monty's Double

I don't often like many black and white films but this one's really good. At the height of World War 2 an actor Clifton James was seconded to impersonate General Montgomery. The 'Monty double' Clifton James is sent to North Africa to divert the Germans attentions away from the real Monty. This led the Germans to hold back 60,000 troops and a Panzer tank division from the North coast of France just before D-Day in case the Allied invasion came from the South.

Interestingly, the actor Clifton James who played Monty's double in real life is also the actor who plays himself in the film. It's brilliant! One of the best films that I've ever seen.

Paul.

Been upgrading my Ghibli dvds to Bluray, watched Howl's Moving Castle, the ending still makes no bloody sense but makes me laugh :) As always a beautiful film.

29611245_700x700min_2.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Diamond Joe said:
Just watched a superb French film called Micmacs, I found out about it quite by chance, I'll have to see if I can find more like this.

micmacs-a-tire-larigot-poster-1.jpg

I have to admit to not loving MIcmacs when I saw it, but I will try to watch it again.

I don't know if you've seen it, but I can really recommend Delicatessen by the same director, one of my all time favourites.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Diamond Joe said:
Great, thanks for the recommendation BBB, I haven't seen Delicatessen so I've put it straight on my Lovefilm list. Shame you didn't think too much of Micmacs though.

I liked it, but didn't love it like Delicatessen.

I'm glad you mentioned it though, I'm going to look out for a copy, and it's also reminded me to get Delicatessen on blu ray. :cheers:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Still watching The Bridge II on BBC4, and really enjoying it. I'm presuming that the humour with Saga's Asperger's is intentional, as I've found myself laughing increasingly more often.

JohnE76

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
An hour late I know but was watching Speed with Guy Martin, the man is an absolute legend! And an absolute maniac both at the same time.

anyone who hasn't seen it get onto 4od and catch up on all 4 episodes. The man comes out with some excellent one liners (think he's had one too many knocks to the head)

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Been watching Breaking Bad and am currently near the end of season two. Thought I would give it a watch after everyone raving about it and I have to say so far it is excellent. Highly recommended if you havn't seen it yet.

Oh and JohnE76 I have to agree with you on Speed, superb series and Guy is deffinitely an excentric. Completely nuts but in a good way.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm currently watching Julian Bream at the BBC on BBC4.

Now that's how to play guitar. Amazing.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
SpiceWeasel said:
Been watching Breaking Bad and am currently near the end of season two. Thought I would give it a watch after everyone raving about it and I have to say so far it is excellent. Highly recommended if you havn't seen it yet.

Same here.

I signed up for Netflix at Xmas time specifically to watch this series. I'm now just starting Series 4, and I've enjoyed every minute of it so far, has definitely lived up to the hype for me. Great characters, especially "Call Saul", what a guy!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Is Breaking Bad so good? I might have to try Netflix out.

I think so, but there again I know plenty of people who are not keen. I reckon its one of the best things I've ever watched, you might hate it. If you do start watching it, give it a few episodes whilst the storyline develops and the twists keep coming.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I went bonkers for Breaking Bad, ended up binge watching episodes until I'd finished watching the lot. Apparently there was a rumour of a spin off series for Saul, don't know if it's going to appear.

On another note, thanks to BBB for recommending Delicatessen, saw it last night, cracking film, cheers :grin:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Diamond Joe said:
I went bonkers for Breaking Bad, ended up binge watching episodes until I'd finished watching the lot. Apparently there was a rumour of a spin off series for Saul, don't know if it's going to appear.

On another note, thanks to BBB for recommending Delicatessen, saw it last night, cracking film, cheers :grin:

Glad you liked it, it is brilliantly different isn't it?

Maybe you'd like to join the WHF Film Club? Have a look and see what you think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts