What are you watching?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

idc

A new series on BBC 2, On Thin Ice about a trek to the South Pole with three celebrities...damn these celebrities! We have also been watching a travelogue with Billy Connoly journeying across the top of Canada and the Northwest Passage. I must be missing winter or something!

Bits of Glastonbury and enjoyed Crosby, Stills and Nash.

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Boys Over Flowers (KBS DVD Boxset)

157885_std.jpg

Will soon be watching this recent K-Drama series, hopefully as good as it's popularity suggests.

e

A

Anonymous

I've just done a Doubt Review on The Leisure Lab, hot on the heels of Gran Torino, both of which are excellent.

Neither one is without a few weaknesses admittedly, with Doubt in particular succumbing to some shamefully hamfisted thunderstorms and dutch-tilts in its unnecessary attempts to mirror the plot's paranoia in the visuals, but still, both of them are genuinely absorbing and create real tension.

idc

The Tour de France. Excellent commentary and presentation, lovely scenery and even though I am no cyclist the racing, particularly the tactics and Lance Armstrong being back is great.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Actually enjoying "Torchwood" this week after hating the previous series. Less annoying characters, pretty good cliff-hangers, and looks and sounds very nice on HD and Dolby Digital.

mjs

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Just watched-last night- Blurays of The Italian Job, and Ghostbusters.
Italian Job,forty years old still a cracking film,but Ghostbusters at a relatively modest 25 years old, is oh so dated,in fact it`s poor.

A

Anonymous

Last night, Knowing enjoyable until the rubbish ending

Now Revolutionary Road

still got Slumdog and Valkyrie to watch before back to BB on wednesday.

Oh and Glory popped through the box last week, one of my faves.

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
Last night I watched Officer and Gentleman for the first time as there was nothing on. Good film though

But now we have got on a Brian Wilson Documentary/Concert.

And later I will be watching either Lord of the Rings or Quantom Of Solace undecided yet.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Watched Top Gear last night. Very surprised to see Richard Hammond had bought the exact same Lanchester my Dad's got. Except my Dad's is beige...... And works.....

:)

Glad it didn't end up trashed like most Top Gear challenge cars. I might be able to make him an offer for it for spares.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
"In The Shadow of the Moon" recorded from Ch4HD. Amazed at how much detail there actually was in the old film footage when viewed in high def. Some of the lift off sequences were stunning. You had to remind yourself that that you were not watching the latest CGI effects but actual events.

A

Anonymous

Yes, Minister (Prime Minister) week nights on UK Gold.

TV gold, and a sitcom that never dates. One of the cleverest, classiest, and funniest sitcoms ever made. Priceless.

idc

Enjoyed this......................

51KA-P8lDxL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Also, saw the 13th and series finale of Sons of Anarchy. I am glad I have persevered with it as there is a good twist to go into the next series.

A

Anonymous

Watched Sons of Anarchy also really enjoyed it. Watching season 5 of The Wire at the moment great show.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts