What are you watching?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

idc:A very funny 8 out of 10 Cats, start of another new series.
emotion-21.gif
Just finished watching it myself

A

Anonymous

Just catchin up on some of my sky+ Planner today and Watched the Last 2 Back to back Season Finale Episodes Of " FRINGE " What a climax To the end of it all you Fan will Know what iam talking About !

method man

May 18, 2009
Visit site
yes. i agree. im a real comedy buff. go to a lot of live shows etc. the annoying hting for me is his material

is actually very good. he is just too smiley for an old comedy circuit jaded soldier like me.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Second episode of 'Life' was on last night (Only thing that stopped me watching Mad Max)

'The Mentallist' is on tonight.

Two very similar, but different shows, and equally as good as each other..... I think 'The Mentallist' is just edging 'Life' as my favourite at the moment though.......

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I finally got round to watching this on Blu-ray last night:

300_407765.jpg

...and I bloomin' loved it (and not just because of Mr Jackman). A cracking BD transfer, too - superb DTS MA HD soundtrack.

Though the high-def picture does show up some of Baz's more stylised scenes - I wonder if that's why Moulin Rouge isn't out on BD yet.
emotion-40.gif

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Just picked up "Wanted" on BluRay starring Angelina Jolie in the £10 section of my local supermarket.
Despite the plot being nonsense, it is truly sparkling high definition nonsense with a kickin' sountrack to boot.
Just when you think you're safe, the end credits roll and a rock track explodes from the loudspeakers to aurally assault what is left of your hearing.
This disc now joins Dark Knight and Dr.No as my reference software . . . .

daveh75

Tonya:

Just picked up "Wanted" on BluRay starring Angelina Jolie in the £10 section of my local supermarket.
Despite the plot being nonsense, it is truly sparkling high definition nonsense with a kickin' sountrack to boot.
Just when you think you're safe, the end credits roll and a rock track explodes from the loudspeakers to aurally assault what is left of your hearing.
This disc now joins Dark Knight and Dr.No as my reference software . . . .

Oooh, may have to try this out if PQ and soundtrack are that good.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
It's that good, Daveh75.
Decent extras, as well as being Live Enabled, the film had me grinning from ear to ear.
I seem to remember it was favourably reviewed on this site somewhere.
. . . . and the sight of Mrs.Pitt in all her 1080p glory is another excuse, as if you needed any convincing!

A

Anonymous

just watched the third part of the bbc drama , sunshine , with steve coogan ,on bbc hd , apart from his adolescent humour i thought it was brilliant , a good old fashioned english drama that was really thought provoking , and very well acted , a nice change from all that american nonsence doing the rounds , hats off to the beeb ....

A

Anonymous

Watching Sons Of Anarchy on Bravo and Twin Peaks on the net on s2 ep7, enjoying it alot and would love if it was brought back even if it was just the webisodes.

idc

Having recently slagged off 'celebrity' reality programmes, I did enjoy the BBC celebrity homelessness programme tonight and tomorrow on BBC1. Quite disturbing and frightening. The Marquis of Blandford, who cheated and then gave up without spending on night on the street came over as a self absorbed, disgusting individual. Hats off to the rest of them.

idc

daveh75:idc:The Marquis of Blandford.Who? Clearly as is always the case with so called "celebrity" show's,they're being very liberal with the use of the word.

He is related to Winston Churchill, used to make the news for drugs offences and as I said is a complete twit. Hardeep Singh Kohli did not mince his words criticising him. The others are a Corry actor, a journalist and Anabelle Croft. OK so the 'celebrities' are as such, but the hardships of the homeless is the real issue and this programme IMHO shows what life really is like for them.

daveh75

Glastonbury Festival on BBC2 and 3 and so far have watched,

The Specials

The Ting Tings

Regina Spektor

Little Boots

Neil Diamond

Bloc Party

Doves

Lily Allen

Jamie T

The Dead Weather