What are you watching?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:
bastards_poster.jpg

Just back from an advanced screening.........(part of an anniversary present from the missus
emotion-5.gif
)

I thought it was spelt 'Basterds'?

daveh75

Big Chris:daveh75:
bastards_poster.jpg

Just back from an advanced screening.........(part of an anniversary present from the missus
emotion-5.gif
)

I thought it was spelt 'Basterds'?It is,but that's the only decent poster i could find.....And on the tv/radio ad's and bill poster's etc its just refered to as "Inglorious". so the P.C brigade and Grammar police have probably been interfering......

A

Anonymous

So? How was it? Is Tarantino losing it? I thought the last tarantino/rodriguez was pretty weak... Reservoir Dogs still stands as the best for me.

daveh75

JazzDevill:So? How was it? Is Tarantino losing it? I thought the last tarantino/rodriguez was pretty weak... Reservoir Dogs still stands as the best for me. Good imo, classic mix of non-chronological storyline,violence/gore,comedy and revenge.....

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Last two nights I have watched Toy Story 1&2. Bought the special editions box set off play the other week as I havn't seen them since they where released. Quality films
emotion-1.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
SpiceWeasel:Last two nights I have watched Toy Story 1&2. Bought the special editions box set off play the other week as I havn't seen them since they where released. Quality films
emotion-1.gif

Agreed. But 'Incredibles' is still my fave of the NWOAM (New Wave Of Animated Movies).

They're all pretty good, barring the train wreck that's 'Shark's Tale'.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
High end wise, just watched Zodiac and Wanted again last night on BluRay, real demo stuff there.

At the lower end, finally tracked down the last missing episodes of two and a half men which has to be the funniest show on TV and the final season (of eleven!) of married with children so my collections are now complete.

My next viewing project is to watch all the Bond films again on BluRay, well as many as they have released so far. I still can't get over the job Lowry did with Dr.No . . . . pristine!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Over the last couple of days, we've watched 'I Love You Man' on DVD, 'Push' on DVD, and 'Inglorious Basterds' at the cinema.

Enjoyed all 3 for different reasons. 'I Love You Man' is as expected, but I'm a big fan of Paul Rudd and this is the second film I've seen with Jason Segel (the other was 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall'), and he's got a real likeable quality to him. It's not groundbreaking, not the funniest film you'll ever see, but thoroughly enjoyable none-the-less.

'Push' is a cross between 'X-Men' & 'Jumper' without being as good as the former, yet better than the latter. Not an essential watch (wish Blockbuster had had it on Blu-Ray), but didn't feel like I'd wasted an hour and 45 minutes of my life.

'Inglorious Basterds' was a welcome return to form for Tarantino after the mediocre (IMO) 'Death Proof'. Definitely worth a watch. May well make it into my BD collection.

I've got 'The International' & 'The Good, The Bad, & The Weird' (both DVD..... When will Blockbuster start stocking more BD rentals!?!?) to watch before they're due back on Saturday.

idc

Big Chris:SpiceWeasel:Last two nights I have watched Toy Story 1&2. Bought the special editions box set off play the other week as I havn't seen them since they where released. Quality films
emotion-1.gif

Agreed. But 'Incredibles' is still my fave of the NWOAM (New Wave Of Animated Movies). They're all pretty good, barring the train wreck that's 'Shark's Tale'.

Saw this last night and it was OK................................

51Dzl2z0FaL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

My favs are Cars and best of all, because of the remarkably adult and very clever plot line WALL:E.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Steve coogan in sunshine on bbc hd,it was stunning i love steve coogans stuff,and now watching psycoville mr jolly is a classic lol.blu ray films for later my bloody valentine 3d.x-men trilogy on blu-ray,then some battlefield 1943 on x-box 360 busy bank holiday lol

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Last night we watched Part 1 of Wuthering Heights on ITV HD which was unusual for us but I thought it was very enjoyable. We will watch part 2 tonight.
At least I will now know why Kate Bush sang "Heathcliffe it's me Cathy come home" or something like that.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Saw Attitude: Punk last night on sky arts. It was good, but i could have watched it for longer and had a bit more depth - despite it being a decent length it felt a bit rushed.

Also, not a single mention of Bad Religion. Silly name, great band. Dissapointed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts