What are you watching?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davydmx

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm 2/3rds of way through season 4 of The Wire boxset. Watching the show should be included on those '50 things to do before you die' lists. Just brilliant! To other posters who've already mentioned the show, i'm sure the mere mention of names like McNulty, Omar, Stringer-Bell, Bubbles(and many more), will make you smile!

idc

daveh75:Ross Noble's Australian Trip......

Which for me was spoiled by him trying to make funny quips all of the time. I like the travelogue with stand up comedy such as Biilly Connollys various road trips, where the travel is informative and the comedy is on the stage..

Tonight, the new series of Wheeler Dealers on Discovery, starting with a Triumph Spitfire.

daveh75

idc:
daveh75:Ross Noble's Australian Trip......

Which for me was spoiled by him trying to make funny quips all of the time. I like the travelogue with stand up comedy such as Biilly Connollys various road trips, where the travel is informative and the comedy is on the stage..

That was the first episode i'd seen,and watched it mainly because i'm a big fan of his comedy tbh.

While i dont disagree about his quips ruining it somewhat,the one thing i did like was the fact that he's visiting 'real' towns(like the one where everythings broken) and not just the usual tourist hotspots and scenic places.

Which often just make these kind of trips look like films for the tourist boards,something that even "the big yin" is guilty of at times.

daveh75

Never Mind the Buzzcocks......

Much improved with the replacement of Simon Amstell with "guest host's".Although it's a shame Bill Bailey has been replaced,Noel Fielding makes a great TC.

daveh75

Ravey Gravey Davy:Daveh75 - if you did not see it ,I suggest you watch tonights Watchdog on BBCi player with the bit about Rogue Traders doing aerial installations. You'll be a tad taken aback.Cheer's,it's not on iplayer yet but i'll look out for it.

daveh75

Have been watching the Ukraine v England match
emotion-6.gif

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Just got Porcupine Tree's concert DVD "Arriving Somewhere..." for a birthday prezzie. Thought I'd just sample it, and ended up watching all of disc 1 - awesome stuff!

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
watched doghouse on bluray last night and i enjoyed it to be fair i wasnt expecting much(straight to dvd/bluray type film)but i found it enjoyable well it was alot better than *** vampier killers, kinda simaler with a bit of dog soldiers mixed in.

a little suprised that there was no true hd or dts master mix,thought this would be standerd at this stage of the game

idc

Finally saw The Dark Knight on Sky. The best bit about it was the sound track. I found the film a bit hard going and I dont like the Batman character. He is not a proper super hero, he is just a very ritch bloke with gadgets.

51jc6OZBguL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

A

Anonymous

Have been watching lots of "How i met your mother" which has been making me laugh out loud.

Looking on IMDB there are 5 seasons (probably why its on nearly every night) I hope it remains funny.

@ IDC do you mean Batmon in general or just in this film; wasn't he always just a rich bloke with gadgets?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
idc: He is not a proper super hero, he is just a very rich bloke with gadgets.

I'd steer clear of 'Iron Man' too then Ian, judging by your stern criteria for super-heroism.
emotion-4.gif

idc

My super spider sense failed me with Iron Man as well. If Iron Man and Bat Man are superheroes then so is Ripley......

_ripley-powerloader.jpg

Putting on some robotic armour does not count in my book. Well it annoys the heck out of us real super heroes. We had to fall into vats of nuclear waste to get our powers.

idc

Last night the new series of HIGNFY. I can't even remember who the guests were, but Martin Clunes is a great presenter and Hislop and Merton are still outstanding. Ian Hislps rant against some company and their lawyers who tried to surpress an MPs free speech was great.

Tonight I am trying to avoid the F1 result to watch the highlights later on. House and Charlie Boorman's latest travelog make Sunday excellent viewing.

Tomorrow, round to the parents to see Leeds v Norwich on Sky.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
idc:

My super spider sense failed me with Iron Man as well. If Iron Man and Bat Man are superheroes then so is Ripley......

Aaaah....But she's not stupid-rich.

idc

On The Breadline, where 'celebrities' have gone to live with the 'poor'. Actually, for once and the reason why I watched it, I knoew who the celebrities are. None of the families seemed to know who they are. One is a Spice Girl, who keeps in being recognised in the street and shouted at. Then there is Keith Allan, who was referred to as Lilly Allan's dad as they knew who she is. Triny from Triny and Susanna and Austin Healey the rugby player, both of whom were not recognised at all. One family was hoping for David Beckham, or some of his money no doubt.

The 'poor' all had houses which in a couple of cases were so full of toys and stuff they have to store it in piles on the floor. There was no shortage of food, TVs, cigarettes, alcohol and money for heat, light, bingo and gaming machines. Keith Allan spent his first day cleaning, getting rid of rats and buying decent food.

These people are not poor. One of them is disabled and said she cannot walk, except to the bingo and the bookies. But the rest are a combination of overweight, feckless, criminals who have rejected education and a stable family life and whose whole income is state derived. They are the underclass..

The true poor are people who work but in low paid jobs, where even thought they do an honest days toil, doing jobs many do not want, have to get 'benefits' to maintain a half decent life. Worst of all, they end up having to live amongst the underclass.

Anyway, its on ITV for a few weeks on a Tuesday at 2100.

daveh75

idc:
On The Breadline, where 'celebrities' have gone to live with the 'poor'. Actually, for once and the reason why I watched it, I knoew who the celebrities are.So as usual not actual "celebrities". More like....

idc:One is a Spice Girl, who keeps in being recognised in the street and shouted at. a talentless has been.

idc: Then there is Keith Allan, who was referred to as Lilly Allan's dad as they knew who she is.Not actor,comedian,artist,author and "singer/songwriter". Though i guess you could argue that out of the group he's the celebrity.....

idc:Triny from Triny and SusannaA "TV Stylist"

idc:Austin Healey the rugby playerA sportsman

idc:The 'poor' all had houses which in a couple of cases were so full of toys and stuff they have to store it in piles on the floor. There was no shortage of food, TVs, cigarettes, alcohol and money for heat, light, bingo and gaming machines. Keith Allan spent his first day cleaning, getting rid of rats and buying decent food.

These people are not poor. One of them is disabled and said she cannot walk, except to the bingo and the bookies. But the rest are a combination of overweight, feckless, criminals who have rejected education and a stable family life and whose whole income is state derived. They are the underclass..

The true poor are people who work but in low paid jobs, where even thought they do an honest days toil, doing jobs many do not want, have to get 'benefits' to maintain a half decent life. Worst of all, they end up having to live amongst the underclass.

Anyway, its on ITV for a few weeks on a Tuesday at 2100.

Honestly,it's programmes like this that are the reason i never watch ITV other than the footy!
When will they stop with all this celebrity/reality/talent nonsense and actually come up with some original programming.

No wonder they're skint.....

Good post though BTW Ian.

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
idc:

But the rest are a combination of overweight, feckless, criminals who have rejected education and a stable family life and whose whole income is state derived. They are the underclass...

Bit harsh, eh? They don't have much of a 'stable' family life - no father figure for starters...

idc

Thanks for the complements! I am presently limbering up for tonights Question Time with Nick Griffin of the BNP.

I went to see Enoch Powell give a speech on monetary policy. Afterwards there were questions which went straight to his rivers of blood speech and someone shouted out racist. Powell proceeded to totally nail that person and explain how he was not a racist and he was concerned with unchecked immigration. I hope that the other panel members are able to nail Griffin. I also hope that it does not descend into farce as that will play into the BNPs hands of the alleged suppression of the white man in his own country.

daveh75

idc:
Thanks for the complements! I am presently limbering up for tonights Question Time with Nick Griffin of the BNP.

I've decided not to watch it as that maronic racist idiot just make my blood boil!

Instead i'll be watching/recording to watch later......

Benefica V Everton

Fulham V Roma

Celtic V Hamburg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts