What are you watching?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

idc:For any football fans, the link to watch Oldham vs Leeds, this afternnon at 1715 for free on the FA website is lower down the page hereWas hoping there would be a FTA(free to air) european satellite feed for this match somewhere or on one of my foriegn subs packages, but as of yet none are listed.......really dont want to watch it via interweb streaming ,it's just not the same.

Oh well, just settling down for the Spur's Vs Sunderland match.

Later will be the Haye Vs Valuev WBC title fight.

idc

Isnt the interweb brilliant! Apart from problems logging into the FA site, so I missed the first 10 minutes, I watched Leeds beat Oldham 2 - 0. Then on You Tube this morning I have watched some of the Haye vs Valuev fight, which was frankly very dull. Stallone vs Lundgren was much better.

Thomassteele

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Generation Kill on CH4 is very good, and have been watching britains most digusting food on BBC 3, just goes to show you what rubbish they but in your food to make a quick buck.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'm currently into the new version of "The Prisoner" on HD (big fan of the original as well).

Started watching a lot of comedy shows at the moment for some reason!

Can't live without my weekly fix of the funniest show on TV right now, "Two and a half men".

Also enjoyed catching up on TV Burp with Harry Hill and the new Jimmy Carr DVD "Telling Jokes".

Together with the late, great Bob Monkhouse, I think they are the funniest comedians of all time, (with Mr.Everard coming in a close fourth place methinks!).

I love the rapid-fire delivery of their one liners that make me crack up
emotion-2.gif

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
It's the weekend, so I'm having a rest from my usual fare of HiDef merriment and I'll be catching up with my childhood by watching a few episodes of "Supercar", "Fireball XL5", "Torchy the battery boy", "Four Feather Falls" and "My Favourite Martian".

All (or most) in glorious black & white, mono and occasionally in glorious SuperMarionatioN

Nostalgia weekend starts here!
emotion-2.gif

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Just started watching the restored version of the original "The Prisoner" series on Bluray.
OK so it's not Lowry Digital standard but good grief what a transfer.
They have remastered from the original 35mm stock and created a 5.1 DD soundtrack, yet giving you the option of the original mono mix.
From the rumble of the thunder and crack of the lightning at the beginning to the window rattling slam of the jail gates at the end, it's one wild ride.
The colours literally pop and it's almost 3D in depth.
There is of course some very mild frame juddering at some of the edit points but you are so engrossed in the storyline that it's hardly noticable.
I picked the Bluray box set up that contained 6 discs and a superlative book for £28.23 from Amazon.

Now the only problem is to get Number One (The Wife) out of the house for 18 hours!

Be seeing you . . . .

A

Anonymous

I just finished watching Inglourious Basterds and thought it was very good. Has anyone else seen it, and if so, what did you think of it?

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
In Bruges. Been waiting to find a good time to watch this for 6 months - ah the joys of parenthood. Very good film indeed.

Transformers. Eldest son finally persuaded us to watch this on the big TV. Special effects and sound were very good, but it is a poor film.

daveh75

hmtb:

I just finished watching Inglourious Basterds and thought it was very good. Has anyone else seen it, and if so, what did you think of it?
Yep,saw an "advanced screening" back in august, thought it was excellent.....Tarantino's back at the top of his game IMO.
Did you watch it on Blu-Ray? If so, is it a good transfer?

TRENDING THREADS