What are you watching?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

idc

Andy Madden:

idc:

But the rest are a combination of overweight, feckless, criminals who have rejected education and a stable family life and whose whole income is state derived. They are the underclass...

Bit harsh, eh? They don't have much of a 'stable' family life - no father figure for starters...

The havoc that an underclass family, if you can call them that, can cause to a whole housing estate is terrible. I am afraid that giving them any excuse, such as there is no father figure, just allows them to legitimise and excuse their behavouir. They know what they are doing is wrong. The proof of that is treat any of them as they treat others and they get very, very angry and demand justice and their rights. There are also far more people who do work and behave than those who do not, but come from the same area, same school, same background.

I hope that the celebrities challenge their lives rather than excuse them.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
7151_front.jpg

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
idc:Tonight, Ray Mears Northen Wilderness, the new series on BBC2.

Thank the lord for iplayer, in HD as well
emotion-21.gif

EDIT: Just noticed Life on the iplayer as well, another series I have missed.

idc

'On The Breadline' which reached new levels of fecklessness. Two of the youths so cannot be bothered that they do not even go and collect their benefits. Both youths could use those benefits to help others such as the very elderly grandfather. Imagine that, thinking of others and how you can help them. Obviously not in those boys cases.

Then the Spice Girl was openly criticised for going out in the evening to the gym for a while. The criticism came from an individual who clearly needed to lose weight and for whom the discipline of excercise would be too much. Furthermore, the Spice Girl had offered free membership to the family, who are too feckless and/or overweight to take it up. The children in the family are with a chaperone as well as the celebrity. So they are being cared for. It beggars belief that some people have such a twisted critical view of life that they criticise someone who is wanting to go out and improve themslves, thinking instead that she should stay at home and stuff her face infront of the TV as a form of childcare. The Spice Girl is showing a far better example than any of the family will ever realise.

daveh75

Yesterday's Later... with Jools Holland featuring,

Maxwell,Stereophonics,Diana Krall,Wild Beasts,The Unthanks and Ellie Goulding in her TV debut,and for me was the highlight of the show....

A

Anonymous

snatch on my optoma hd800x with 80in screen, sony rdr970, onkyo 905 and castle speakers 5.1. the onkyo amp is playing up, the optoma hd800 is new from pc world wish is it was the lv model now it is not great in the dark bit's of the film. bit pist waiting for dinner to cook. but still happy and in love watching my set up

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone seen "In Treatment" with Gabriel Byrne on Sky Arts? Its about a "therapist" and is half hourly on weeknights. The half hour corresponds with one of the treatment sessions. Quite a good idea and available on HD.

idc

plastic penguin:At this moment I am suffering High School Musical III. Yesterday was my daughters birthday and the Grandmother bought 3 HSM films. . . .somebody get me out of here!

You poor poor penguin. Talking of the poor (allegedly) the last of 'On The Breadline'. The criminal lad, despite Austin Healeys help finally went off the rails. That was not helped by some very poor parenting when he did finally return home, to being screamed at and physically thrown back out again.

It turns out that the Spice Girl stayed out for the evening when she went to the gym, so she deserves some of the criticism directed at her. But you have to admire, in a twisted sort of way, the confidence of a family who have not got a shred of work ethic amongst them, to criticise someone who has seriously made something of her life.

Trini and Lilly Allen's dad had more success and hopefully there will be action to rehouse the people who they were with. Other than that I doubt very much any of the celebrities will have made any real difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts