What are you listening to?

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Matthew, did you get around to testing your Sqeezebox against your Marantz?

matthewpiano

Octopo:Matthew, did you get around to testing your Sqeezebox against your Marantz?

The thing is, I was so busy just listening to music all day yesterday (my day off) that I never got round to doing a comparison. I must admit I'm listening mainly through the Squeezebox at the moment and I've got a feeling it actually has the edge, but I obviously can't be definite about that without doing a proper comparison. I do love the user interface of the S/Box and I'm actually listening to more of my collection rather than just getting stuck on the same few dsics. Tonight I've listened to both CD and Squeezebox (with different music) and enjoyed both.

When I eventually get round to it I'll post further thoughts!!

A

Anonymous

51CfIgIdY6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51UUG1jZJfL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:Octopo:
Big Chris:Like DrummerDave, I've been listening to.........
The_Ocean_-_Precambrian.jpg

Just listening to this on Spotify, reminds me a bit of Isis and Pelican. Might put my money down... 

Exactly. With a liberal sprinkling of Neurosis.

I've had a lengthy listen to this now. Definitely going to buy. Hadean seems like the money track though I prefer the mellower Pelican-esque tracks. Keep 'em coming.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Octopo:Big Chris:Octopo:
Big Chris:Like DrummerDave, I've been listening to.........
The_Ocean_-_Precambrian.jpg

Just listening to this on Spotify, reminds me a bit of Isis and Pelican. Might put my money down... 

Exactly. With a liberal sprinkling of Neurosis.

I've had a lengthy listen to this now. Definitely going to buy. Hadean seems like the money track though I prefer the mellower Pelican-esque tracks. Keep 'em coming.

Yeah, Hadean got me too! I like the mix of styles, but it was always gonna be the heavier stuff that gets my pulse racing.

Talking of Pelican, I trust you've heard Red Sparowes?

I've been checking out 'Jakob' on Youtube too.

I do like post-rock stuff, but I have to be in the right mood for it (No, not a euphomism for getting stoned, I don't touch the stuff).

matthewpiano

fast eddie:matthewpiano:Looks interesting, what is it like?

Its very atmospheric. No-Man is another project which involves Steve Wilson from Porcupine Tree and Blackfield, but its nothing like either of those bands. Mostly acoustic guitar and gentle vocals with all sorts of electronic sounds creating the atmosphere. Some judicious use of saxophone and clarinet in places as well. Its the kind of stuff that washes over the room. Their earlier album 'Flowerhead' is more accessible and poppy, but this is rather more thought provoking. Almost experimental in some aspects, but not as much as Steve Wilson's all-out electronic project, Bass Communion.

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:Talking of Pelican, I trust you've heard Red Sparrowes?

Yup. 

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Zu - Carboniferous. On Mike Patton's Ipecac label - Italian trio, drums, bass and baritone sax (haven't heard of that configuration since Morphine) with contributions from Patton and Buzz from the Melvins. Very good indeed. Heavy grooves with blasts of jazz, bracing stuff.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Silhouettes.jpg

Man I love this album. So complex yet still accessable. Modern metal at its best.

Anyone wanting to hear some should check out their song 'Awake' on Youtube.....Blinding.

A

Anonymous

fast eddie:
51CfIgIdY6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51UUG1jZJfL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Love Eee-0 11, great collection of songs. SQ isnt bad either.

A

Anonymous

Toffees fan:

I've got a few GBV tracks on nasty MP3
Couldnt quite get into them....

...just listening to "(i'll name you) the flame that cries"

Interesting

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Lynyrd Skynyrd “Greatest Hits”
Bad Company “Company of Strangers”

Eagles “Hell Freezes Over” I'm not a big Eagles fan but this does sound good, close my eyes and they are definitely in my front room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts