What are you listening to?

Page 51 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

ashworth_rich:I cant belive no one laughed at my jokes...

cheeky !

40-1.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Pauljrd6:Sloe Gin-Joe Bonamassa

Definitely getting this on vinyl if I can find somewhere that's selling it.

Led Zeppelin “ Disc 1 from 4 disc set”
Bryan Adams “11”
Steely Dan “Can't buy a Thrill”
Wishbone Ash “Rocked up”

A

Anonymous

Spacehopper:
59-1.jpg

A classic for those crazy saturday night parties

LOL - thanks Mr Hopper
:)

A

Anonymous

ashworth_rich:Toffees fan:

I've got a few GBV tracks on nasty MP3
Couldnt quite get into them....

...just listening to "(i'll name you) the flame that cries"

Interesting

I bought it on CD (Costly Disc) on the strength of Hold On Hope, but there are a few more gems amongst some of their trippyness.

A

Anonymous

Spacehopper:
59-1.jpg

That looks awesome!

A

Anonymous

Toffees fan:Spacehopper:
59-1.jpg

That looks awesome!

If you think that looks awesome how about these

91-1.jpg

67-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

Genius !

A

Anonymous

Matthew, I'm really keen to hear your summary of the Squeezebox. Stimulate me?

matthewpiano

Octopo:Matthew, I'm really keen to hear your summary of the Squeezebox. Stimulate me?

The over-riding impression is that its incredibly musical and together sounding. Its giving me a lovely full but detailed sound that really gets to the heart of the musical flow. I think, with Apple Lossless, that it captures the timbre of instruments better than CD, and the character of vocals seems to come across much more. I suppose this is connected to the fact that the error correction has already taken place during the ripping process rather than on the fly during playback. Interestingly, I've put the Quads on again tonight and, with the S/Box as source, they sound better than I've ever heard either this pair or a previous pair I had sound.

Apart from the sound quality I'm finding that the Squeezebox is encouraging me to explore my music collection more thoroughly than I have been, and discs I've not listened to for ages (in some cases years) are getting an airing. Whether this is down to ease of access I'm not sure, but I certainly see it as a very big benefit.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:Octopo:Matthew, I'm really keen to hear your summary of the Squeezebox. Stimulate me?

The over-riding impression is that its incredibly musical and together sounding. Its giving me a lovely full but detailed sound that really gets to the heart of the musical flow. I think, with Apple Lossless, that it captures the timbre of instruments better than CD, and the character of vocals seems to come across much more. I suppose this is connected to the fact that the error correction has already taken place during the ripping process rather than on the fly during playback. Interestingly, I've put the Quads on again tonight and, with the S/Box as source, they sound better than I've ever heard either this pair or a previous pair I had sound.

Apart from the sound quality I'm finding that the Squeezebox is encouraging me to explore my music collection more thoroughly than I have been, and discs I've not listened to for ages (in some cases years) are getting an airing. Whether this is down to ease of access I'm not sure, but I certainly see it as a very big benefit.

I agree. Though I'd recommend you at least throw a Beresford in there, as good as the Squeezbox is. The Squeezebox is good at preparing the trapeeze artists and recieving them, it doesn't however dress the artists too well in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS