What are you listening to?

Page 138 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

510EHACABML._SS500_.jpg

51muULlaf8L._SS500_.jpg

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
idc:Chris, how are you getting on with Spotify? How are you listening to it?

Not on it Ian. I need to be invited.

Still perservering with the shiny silver disc.
emotion-1.gif

idc

Chris, I had got the impression you had listened to Anekdoten on Spotify. I am having a break from all things prog, so after some blues a little bit of jazz man. More traditional stuff from the Portico Quartet and then jazz/instrumental/trip hop from the Cinematic Orchestra.....

41tGZPDmx-L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
41HRGS64E2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

daveh75

idc:

jazz/instrumental/trip hop from the Cinematic Orchestra.....

Oooh,sound's like it might be to my taste. Added to my list for later listening.....
How are you finding Portico Quartet? Also if you haven't already,give Acoustic Ladyland a try, They're a London based Jazz/Punk outfit that i've been enjoying over the last few days....

idc

From Norway, Jaga Jazzist. Compared to Tortoise and Cinematic Orchestra this is delightful jazzy prog, instrumental, rock and potentially another one for you Dave. 'Oslo Skyline' is fabulous.

411XK2WT60L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
idc:

Chris, I had got the impression you had listened to Anekdoten on Spotify. I am having a break from all things prog, so after some blues a little bit of jazz man. More traditional stuff from the Portico Quartet and then jazz/instrumental/trip hop from the Cinematic Orchestra.....

That was me! Go back a few pages to see my comments.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
stranglers.jpg
mattmon.jpg
spitfire-1.jpg

The Stranglers - `Rattus Norvegicus` (vinyl) Loads of standout tracks on this one. `Down In The Sewer`, `Sometimes`, `Hanging Around`, `Get A Grip` and `Peaches`. Doesn`t half sound good on vinyl!

Matt Monro - `Collection` (dble cd) One of my favourite singers of all time. This dble cd collection doesn`t actually contain `Softly As I Leave You` so I couldn`t recommend this as the set to get. However, it does still contain many fine songs including `Born Free`, `Portrait Of My Love`, `From Russia With Love`, `Yesterday When I Was Young` and the wonderful `Walk Away`.

Jefferson Starship - `Spitfire` (vinyl) One of these days I`m going to put together an album of Jefferson`s finest moments from the 1970`s and it`s going to be a killer! For me Marty Balin was the star of the show at this time in the band but Craig Chaquito`s understated guitar work shouldn`t be underestimated. He done some flashier work later in the 70`s and in the early 80`s but some of the solos from this period were `dreamy` and far out man!

idc

survivor:idc:

That was me! Go back a few pages to see my comments.

Doh, I saw Mastodon and just assumed it was the big chap, sorry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts