What are you listening to?

Page 108 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

manicm

51EEx%2BMBlTL._SS400_.jpg

At their best they made Nirvana et al sound like rank amateurs, and make no mistake this album is the mother of all comebacks - it's the first MSP album I've bought in 8 years.

pauldownton1979

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
well thanks for the advice pal, i'll try them out deffo. and try and get that space and detail back in my system. i see your using the same spk cable as me too, which is comforting as it means i wouldnt have to change it to suit.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:On 'White Man' now. Brilliant. One of Queen's best songs of all IMO.

'Day At The Races' stills hits me hard after all these years of listening to it. It actually sounds much fresher than some of the later Queen albums. The songwriting is so original and Freddie sang with such total conviction on those early albums.

Superb.

Hahaha! I think 'White Man' is my least favourite off the album!

'You Take My Breath Away', 'Somebody to Love' & 'Teo Torriate' are far and away the stand out tracks on D.A.T.R.

Great album though, shame as it was not long after this they started 'losing it'. (News Of The World is the last truly great Queen album IMO)

A

Anonymous

first post so here goes right now .. Frank Zappas one size fits all is sounding fantastic...Also been listening to Ahead of thier time another great Zappa album....

....Music is the best

A

Anonymous

THE BEST OF PETER GREEN'S FLETWOOD MAC. MY WOMAN GONE LEFT ME AND TOOK THE DOG AND I GOT THE BLUES

matthewpiano

Big Chris:matthewpiano:On 'White Man' now. Brilliant. One of Queen's best songs of all IMO.

'Day At The Races' stills hits me hard after all these years of listening to it. It actually sounds much fresher than some of the later Queen albums. The songwriting is so original and Freddie sang with such total conviction on those early albums.

Superb.

Hahaha! I think 'White Man' is my least favourite off the album!

'You Take My Breath Away', 'Somebody to Love' & 'Teo Torriate' are far and away the stand out tracks on D.A.T.R.

Great album though, shame as it was not long after this they started 'losing it'. (News Of The World is the last truly great Queen album IMO)

I love those 3 tracks as well, and I agree entirely about NOTW being their last great album. These went down hill pretty quickly after that, unfortunately. I've got all the albums on CD but hardly ever listen to the later ones.

Big Chris, what did you make of DT's latest, 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'? I've really been enjoying it.

matthewpiano

The new remasters of the two Neil Young albums, which came out today, are absolutely stunning. They sound incredibly fresh and are much better than the older CDs. I'll certainly buy the first two album remasters as well now.

idc

Found another Tortoise album, Beacons of Ancerstorship, in the HMV in Dumfries of all places. There are two well stocked independent record shops there, but one of them had not heard of Tortoise and the other had, but has never carried any of their catalogue.

31EvsXC%2BPAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

matthewpiano

survivor:
Didn`t realise Neil Young`s albums were being remastered! Nice one Matthew. Watched `Rust Never Sleeps` concert this afternoon. Mesmerising!

Yeah, they are issuing them to coincide with each Archive boxed set. So this time they've issued the remasters of Neil Young, Everybody Knows.., Harvest, and After The Goldrush. They've done a very good job. Harvest is still quite warm but its much cleaner and there is much more detail. It sounds superb.

idc

Nice one dave. My favourite is the mad Steve McCroski. On the theme of mad, and wanting something a bit more challenging and different today, I remembered John Peel used to have a soft spot for Germanic electronica and I found this on Spotify.....

51E6B0zXLkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts