What are these speakers worth?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of selling my Kef Reference Range 104/2 floor mounted speakers. They are in great condition, but a bit big (the wife hates them). Any ideas on the price I should ask & where is best to advertise?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

ebay is the obvious answer. A pair recently sold for around £120 / £130.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="andy tims"]the wife hates them[/quote]

How many times have you heard that? Always a different story when you dare to mention her 500 pairs of shoes or 200 handbags!!

T

the record spot

Ebay is one answer, although it is moot whether it is the obvious one. Some of the other hi-fi mags offer free reader classifieds and you could do worse than go down that route too. Benefits are you have no upfront cost - you will pay a hefty sum for Ebay's double dipping charging structure (if you choose to accept PayPal payments and with the recent change in practice, you now have no choice on that score) - and one month of free advertising as opposed to a maximum of 10 days auction. Admittedly, yo may already have an Ebay shop, where you have 30 days, but then you have the cost of the shop itself.

I'd weigh up the pros and cons of online auctions and classifieds in the hi-fi mags. Ebay is notorious for driving down, as well as up, the prices of various products - perhaps you could check the winning prices of completed listing for your speaker and likewise the secondhand dealer prices (there's a couple of used hifi sites you can use in this case). This will at least let you compare and come to a decision.

Good luck with whichever option you pursue!

A

Anonymous

A bloke sold his wife on ebay recently, so there's always that option.

Yeah, ok, she'd cheated on him, but criticizing your speakers is about the same misdemeanour. It's all about a proportionate response.

A

Anonymous

Ive sold stuff on hififorsale.com before. Absolutely free and you can name your price rather than leave yourself exposed to a low interest and thereore sale price on eBay

Ive always had a lot of interest in stuff I have listed there.

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
I've reasontly bought some 104/2's from ebay so have seen the last half dozzen pairs sold, and the last set that went for £120 had no grills, and the serial no's had been crudly removed.and looked in terrible condition. good codition examples (rosewood,bi-wire)£350- £400.

I bought some early black ash , in very good nick for £335. about 3 weeks ago

A

Anonymous

My Grandad has some and they are really really really good! He uses them in a 5.1 surround setup with a whopping 50" Grunding CRT! Greenhomeelectronics have them going for £500!

A

Anonymous

If the mrs told me to shift some speakers, she would be getting shifted (unless she was willing to replace them with better sounding models of her choice...)

That said they are seriously fugly speakers :/

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hughes123"]My Grandad has some and they are really really really good! He uses them in a 5.1 surround setup with a whopping 50" Grunding CRT! Greenhomeelectronics have them going for £500![/quote]

So anyone want to give me £300 ONO? They would need collecting from Haslemere in Surrey. Email me @ andy.tims@yahoo.co.uk if interested. Thanks

A

Anonymous

[quote user="browelly"]A bloke sold his wife on ebay recently, so there's always that option.

Yeah, ok, she'd cheated on him, but criticizing your speakers is about the same misdemeanour. It's all about a proportionate response.[/quote]

LMAO!!!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="browelly"]A bloke sold his wife on ebay recently, so there's always that option.

Yeah, ok, she'd cheated on him, but criticizing your speakers is about the same misdemeanour. It's all about a proportionate response.[/quote]
LOL

I should sell my wife on Ebay but do it by Kg! I should get good money :)

joking btw...she is so sweet I stop put sugar in my coffee since we married.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="browelly"]A bloke sold his wife on ebay recently, so there's always that option.

LOL

I should sell my wife on Ebay but do it by Kg! I should get good money :)

joking btw...she is so sweet I stop put sugar in my coffee since we married.[/quote]

I put more in mine... 28 years this year, I'd have been out after 10.
emotion-16.gif

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys - sold now - probably too cheaply at £200 but hey?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts