Old equipment - anyone interested?

JPO

Nov 15, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone, apologies if this is not appropriate for the forum. I'm finally overhauling my equipment and so I have to sell or dispose of:
1x audiolab 8000S integrated amp - dodgy channel
1x audiolab 8000P power amp
1x Copland 822a CD player - tray is stuck but it plays perfectly well
2x KEF Reference model 2 speakers, rosewood finish, very good condition
1x ProJekt turntable (the cheapest model, forget the details)
Complete with interconnects and bi-wire/bi-amp speaker cable (2x 4m)

I think the speakers are still worth some money but I have no idea how and where to sell; eBay doesn't seem to have much in the way of old hifi equipment and I doubt dealers are interested.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Oh - I also have some old AV equipment like a Denon receiver!

Thanks

Jan-Peter

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone, apologies if this is not appropriate for the forum. I'm finally overhauling my equipment and so I have to sell or dispose of:

I think the speakers are still worth some money but I have no idea how and where to sell; eBay doesn't seem to have much in the way of old hifi equipment and I doubt dealers are interested.

Thanks

Jan-Peter
Sell it all on eBay fella, eBay have loads of vintage gear for sale. type in the models to see how much things are going for then list.

AJM1981

Thanks

Jan-Peter
Your name sounds Dutch.

Marktplaats is probably the best way to have the most control. Just make sure to do a little research, shoot a bit of attractive photos of front and back with some good (day) light and check what others ask for similar gear in similar conditions; so some copy pasting on specifications and sell things separately. With a lot of gear it only takes a long time answering questions in chat because they will be there.

Count about a 100 euro service costs and 20 euros for the personal effort for the device with the dodgy channel, so a 120 euros off there is reasonable. Also name that in the description, otherwise they will try getting another 100+ off. Make clear boundaries.

Unless you want to get rid of it really fast, then just bulk sell everything for a low price.

There are also vintage hi-fi shops around in any region but my experience is that some use the “everything needs our own servicing” argument, even if something has been serviced recently. This way they try to buy low and sell high. But, if money is not the biggest issue (personally I never see hifi as an investment) it can be a way to make sure it gets a good second life and saves you a lot of time playing salesman.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts