Is this stuff worth anything?

Hairymonster

Apr 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have an old system put together in the early 90's which I just do not use any more. It's a shame to leave these components just gathering dust, so I'm hoping to sell them, though I'm in no hurry.

Problem is, I really have no idea what the stuff might be worth. If anyone can shed any light on this, that would be much appreciated. I suspect the amps may be the valuable items.

So, Amps: Exposure VII pre and Exposure VIII power combo.
CD player: Rega Planet (later model with central disc position) + remote
Speakers: Ruark Talisman II - 2-way floorstanders with gorgeous mid-band
Record deck: A&R EB101 with MM cartridge - this was a rival for the Rega Planar 3 in it's day.
QED Headphone amp & 2x 5metre runs of expensive bi-wired speaker cable - cost me £250 3 years ago.

I do pretty much all my listening in front of a PC, using some excellent Audioengine active speakers, which include DAC, or when I'm out in my car, where all my music is on a 32Gb storage device the size of my thumbnail!

Anyway - what do you reckon people?

Thanks - Philip

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Might be if some of the stuff you have is old and rare. I brought a CD player (a Bang & Olufsen) for £60 from a charity shop in the mid 2000's and sold in online for £300. Best way to know is to just to type into a search engine what you have.

insider9

That's a very cool setup and I'm surprised you're not playing music through it. I reckon you should be using it 🙂

If I was to guesstimate, assuming all being in full working order and good condition, you're looking to get about £1,000. Caveat to get this sound quality from new components you'd be looking at spending about twice that.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
There is still a fan base for old exposure amplifiers so I would have thought they may be worth a few hundred to the right person.

The rest, I really don't know.

Search for the models on eBay or HiFiShark and then filter to sold items; this will give you a pretty good idea.
Exactly what I was about to write!

Photograph it nicely, give plenty of info and eBay will usually get you a fair price. Don’t get the wrong name for items or it will languish!

What are the cables, because I’ve found some hold their value well? Ruark and Exposure definitely have a following and the AR turntables are all rather special. Note it’s Acoustic Research, not A&R!

You will get much more individually than as a system.

Those Exposure amps should still fetch a good price, in good condition the power amp can make up to £500 on its own. Having said that it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
Look on eBay to see what they have sold for in the past.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts